Opinion - Do you car that the smaller Bronco Sport is not US made?

Evanm14
May 25, 2020

Rank III

May 25, 2020

What are you thoughts of an iconic name like the Bronco Sport being made in Mexico?
Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

May 25, 2020

Things that are beyond my control I tend to not worry about. I'd much rather see it made in the US. Giving much needed good paying jobs to people in this country. But what can you do?
okie4570, frinesi2

Rank III

May 25, 2020

Things that are beyond my control I tend to not worry about. I'd much rather see it made in the US. Giving much needed good paying jobs to people in this country. But what can you do?
Correct.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

What are you thoughts of an iconic name like the Bronco Sport being made in Mexico?

I do care, and wish all big 3 cars were made in the USA 100% but where in a global market. I understand why. Every major auto maker has cars made over seas. And parts as well.

But I did just see a article not to long ago and a commercial that Ford has the most Hourly employees in America out of any auto maker. Could that add more, sure but I get why they are doing it. Still likely going to buy one to.

(Almost everything else in this class is made in Mexico: Trailblazer, Compass, CX30, Seltos (might be India)

Rank IV

May 26, 2020

Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Volkswagen and Audi all have plants in Mexico and all auto makers get parts from china so whatever American car companies have to do to stay in business and competitive in today's market so be it.

With that said if I'm buying a used car I would prefer it to be assembled in its native country whether it's Japan Germany America whatever and if I m buying new I'll stay with a Ford built in the USA since I had great luck with my 09 and 12 Escapes.

I'm not sure how iconic the name "Bronco Sport" is considering there's never been a Bronco Sport and it's really just the Escape they should have made in 13.
FirstOnRaceDay1