Different color question

moze
Aug 02, 2020

Rank V

Aug 02, 2020

I’m assuming/hoping Ford intend the Bronco design to stay static for a while. It helps the vehicle retain value and helps the aftermarket flourish (knowing they will have a large install base to sell into).

So my questions is: how would you all feel about color retirement each MY?

Jeep does this and I think it’s a great idea - you can have over a million of particular model of Jeep, but only so many were made in this specific orange. I would love for Ford to say; every year we will have black, white and silver - but all other colors are 1-3 years max. It would be great if this were the only year for Cactus Grey, then retire it forever and 2022 gets new retro color (robin’s egg blue, cinnamon brown, etc.). Same with Cyber Orange. Colors like Rapid Red and Carbonized Grey may go 3 years, then a new dark grey and red.

Like the idea? What colors stay? What colors would you want to only be launch year colors?
peterh, TXBronco

Rank V

Aug 02, 2020

I’m assuming/hoping Ford intend the Bronco design to stay static for a while. It helps the vehicle retain value and helps the aftermarket flourish (knowing they will have a large install base to sell into).

So my questions is: how would you all feel about color retirement each MY?

Jeep does this and I think it’s a great idea - you can have over a million of particular model of Jeep, but only so many were made in this specific orange. I would love for Ford to say; every year we will have black, white and silver - but all other colors are 1-3 years max. It would be great if this were the only year for Cactus Grey, then retire it forever and 2022 gets new retro color (robin’s egg blue, cinnamon brown, etc.). Same with CUber Orange. Colors like Rapid Red and Carbonized Grey may go 3 years, then a new dark grey and red.
I could get behind this.

Rank 0

Aug 03, 2020

I think that would be cool. But sadly I don’t think we will see retro colors, I think first MY would have been the logical time for that. Also I think FCA is the only manufacturer to really play with their colors that much. Most others don’t. But I’d like to see cyber orange be 1-2 only