Another Date For My Countdown App!

BuckYeah
Dec 15, 2021

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 15, 2021

I haven't taken a break in years, so the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab is sure to be a welcome distraction from everything. I think it'll be a wild ride. C'mon, February 25th! :cool:

IMG_8687.PNG
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
JoergH, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2021

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

I haven't taken a break in years, so the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab is sure to be a welcome distraction from everything. I think it'll be a wild ride. C'mon, February 25th! :cool:

View attachment 23782
Giddy up!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuckYeah

Feb 20, 2022

I got an email from United Airlines that my connecting flight may be canceled because of weather in Colorado. Odds are that I might miss the Moab Off-Roadeo on the 25th.

My first thought...

never-tell-me-the-odds.jpeg
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
PSUTE, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2022

I got an email from United Airlines that my connecting flight may be canceled because of weather in Colorado. Odds are that I might miss the Moab Off-Roadeo on the 25th.

My first thought...

View attachment 29112
Yeah, tu-we don’t look like great travel days … are you scheduled Denver to grand junction? Sending positive vibes your way!
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
BuckYeah

Feb 20, 2022

@Shoresy I'm scheduled to fly into Denver on Wednesday, then take a flight to Grand Junction and rent a car for the final leg to Moab. I'm hopelessly optimistic that the airline is overreacting to the winter weather and that everything will be fine, but I was disappointed to get the email warning me of a potential delay or cancellation.

This sort of thing happened to me before; years ago, a hurricane going up the east coast wreaked havoc with travel plans and my flight was canceled. Crossing fingers... ;)
Shoresy

Rank V

Feb 20, 2022

@Shoresy I'm scheduled to fly into Denver on Wednesday, then take a flight to Grand Junction and rent a car for the final leg to Moab. I'm hopelessly optimistic that the airline is overreacting to the winter weather and that everything will be fine, but I was disappointed to get the email warning me of a potential delay or cancellation.

This sort of thing happened to me before; years ago, a hurricane going up the east coast wreaked havoc with travel plans and my flight was canceled. Crossing fingers... ;)

Is it too late to reroute perhaps to Salt Lake City? It's a 3 hour drive to Moab from there. But, better than having to cancel after such a long wait
2022 Badlands 2.3L 10Spd Auto Hot Pepper Red 4 door Mod Bumper Soft Top
Deano Bronc, 14U

No Ragerts

Feb 20, 2022

Why don’t you just plan to rent a car (4x4 or AWD) in Denver and drive to Moab as a backup plan for the flight cancellation from DEN to GJT?

Sure, it’s 6 hours but the drive will provide epic scenery! I didn’t that ride on 2 wheels back in 2018!
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, 14U

Feb 20, 2022

@MountainOtter and @Bschurr Yeah, I've weighed my options. I've got reservations at Red Cliffs Lodge and by God I want to enjoy them! LOL That said, I'm entertaining all options at this point. Some monetary loss may be involved, perhaps the loss of one day from my planned getaway. Everything hinges on Mother Nature, unfortunately.

I figure on staying the course for now and if my second flight gets canceled, I will either stay the night in Denver (if I get there), or just postpone the trip completely until Thursday, which should give me ample time to settle in and enjoy the evening in Moab before attending the Off-Roadeo on Friday. It's just frustrating not having any control over the situation. That's life, right?

I really wanted to see Arches National Park, so if I have to, I'll just squeeze it in on Saturday morning before heading back to Grand Junction for the return trip home. Abbreviated, but acceptable. The most important thing is that I'm at the Off-Roadeo on Friday at 7 a.m. That's my end game.
Deano Bronc, 14U

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2022

Why don’t you just plan to rent a car (4x4 or AWD) in Denver and drive to Moab as a backup plan for the flight cancellation from DEN to GJT?

Sure, it’s 6 hours but the drive will provide epic scenery! I didn’t that ride on 2 wheels back in 2018!
Good plan B if you make it to Denver!
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Bschurr, MountainOtter

Feb 20, 2022

I love Denver! I spent a few days there and in Boulder a few years ago. Both places are fun and now they have a regional rail system that brings you from the airport into Denver, so it's easily workable. This may very well turn into Planes, Trains and Automobiles after all! LOL
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

No Ragerts

Feb 20, 2022

Good plan B if you make it to Denver!
I love Denver! I spent a few days there and in Boulder a few years ago. Both places are fun and now they have a regional rail system that brings you from the airport into Denver, so it's easily workable. This may very well turn into Planes, Trains and Automobiles after all! LOL
I feel pretty confident you will get into Denver!

Been skiing in CO for decades and I have experienced every kind of delay possible getting to various ski resorts but ALWAYS landed in Denver (when traveling from the east) but have missed tons of connecting flights out of Denver to other airports.

You are 100% correct on the planes, trains, automobiles which is why I advocate a back up plan. And a back up plan to that plan…

Life’s about the journey - not the destination!

Good luck @BuckYeah
BuckYeah, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

Did you make your flights @BuckYeah ?
2022 Badlands 2.3L 10Spd Auto Hot Pepper Red 4 door Mod Bumper Soft Top
BuckYeah, Deano Bronc

Feb 24, 2022

Well, I made it… Gonna get some experience driving in the snow! May come in handy in the PNW.

Attachments

PSUTE, TorgSurv

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Feb 24, 2022

Glad you made it! I'll see you tomorrow!