2021 Bronco resale & value due to limited supply

Bschurr
May 08, 2021

No Ragerts

May 08, 2021

With all of the continued supply shortages and now production delays, I think the secondary sales market for the new Bronco is gonna go nuts!

I have a day 1 reservation & 4 door Sasquatched Badlands 2.7 on order but haven’t received a build date yet and yesterday a buddy offered me $5k for my Bronco. Is he just silly or will the secondary market go bonkers for these rare Broncos?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronc96, 1Five1 Garage
Last edited by a moderator: May 08, 2021

Rank V

May 08, 2021

People are just wanting the first ones out there. With the list you have for your Bronco, it most likely will be later this year. BL, 4D, 2.7, mic top, sas, lux, leather, tow. i have too many sins
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Bschurr, Commodore

Rank I

May 08, 2021

With all of the continued supply shortages and now production delays, I think the secondary sales market for the new Bronco is gonna go nuts!

I have a day 1 reservation & 4 door Sasquatched Badlands 2.7 on order but haven’t received a build date yet and yesterday a buddy offered me $5k for my Bronco. Is he just silly or will the secondary market go bonkers for these rare Broncos?
They will go for way more than $5k over this year and into next year. In New England if you want a Kia Telluride, they are selling at dealerships for $3k-$5k over sticker now. Ridiculous.
KennyMac, Bschurr

Rank V

May 08, 2021

Just wait until the back log of customers preorder broncos are done. They will be like the supra was. 10-20k over... some places still try for the "Adjusted Fare Market Value" of 10k+ for the supra.
Bschurr, Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 08, 2021

Any spike in price will be short lived. New Broncos will not be collector vehicles with premium value, don't kid yourself. If you are talking 45k or more you can get into a 66-77 Bronco or other 60s 70s suvs.
1Five1 Garage, Commodore

Rank VI

May 08, 2021

Any spike in price will be short lived. New Broncos will not be collector vehicles with premium value, don't kid yourself. If you are talking 45k or more you can get into a 66-77 Bronco or other 60s 70s suvs.
Donno...
10% of the US population made crazy money during the pandemic.
Bschurr, 1Five1 Garage

Lakesinai

May 08, 2021

Good used cars & trucks are fetching high prices right now. When we get our Broncos, will we get over-price premiums for reselling? People say so, but there's always the unexpected event we can't predice. Like a chip fire causing ford to lose 50% of its vehicle production (prices up). Or a major stock market crash causing the loss of cash to buy said Bronco. Or some design glitch causing a major devalue.

Since both engines and the auto trans are well-known, reliable units, the only new item that could break is the upgraded full time transfer case. So, aside from possible window/roof leaks, this looks to remain a valuable vehicle for a time.

Keep in mind, the reserved vehicles must be sold and registered to the Bronco reservation holder, before they can be resold 91 days (?) Later.

Personally, it would be hard to separate me from my long-awaited Bronco. Besides, if I trade in my overvalued F150, what will i drive?
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
KennyMac, JRHopp

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 08, 2021

Donno...
10% of the US population made crazy money during the pandemic.
So did I and I'm not pissing it away on cars.
1Five1 Garage

Rank V

May 08, 2021

When they can't get kicked out of the house they've been squatting in for the last year and not paying rent even though they have had a job the whole time? What else would they spend there money on? back rent? riiiiight.... (I know a person on the street that still work and hasn't paid rent sense they started the no eviction)

No Ragerts

May 08, 2021

$5k isn’t the right incentive for me to give up my Bronco but if I was offered $20k I would potentially consider it. Perhaps it will get to that - who knows?!?

I am not suggesting that the new Bronco will be an instant collectible but the current state of affairs dictates that having a verified build for a highly sought after vehicle is a hot commodity and in high demand and therefore worth a premium to the MSRP.

I am bummed that I haven’t received a build date but at the same time I am psyched and looking forward to my new toy - whenever it comes.

If however, one decides to hang onto their Bronco, not drive it and but it in the garage for a couple of decades, they may appreciate a bit based upon the low 2021 production figures.
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
SlashRacer, Lakesinai

No Ragerts

May 08, 2021

Keep in mind, the reserved vehicles must be sold and registered to the Bronco reservation holder, before they can be resold 91 days (?) Later.
Fact or speculation?
Commodore

Lakesinai

May 08, 2021

Then why are you on the Bronco Nation Web Page of you're not purchasing a vehicle?
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
Commodore

Lakesinai

May 08, 2021

Fact or speculation?
Fact (except not sure of the # of days, there are different rules for dealers vs civilians). For one thing, Estaban, Bronco Brand Manager, in his interview noted that the dealers are penalized if they don't sell (register) the unit to the person in whose name the reservation was made. You'll have to ask a dealer how this is enforced.
Commodore

Rank VI

May 08, 2021

Then why are you on the Bronco Nation Web Page of you're not purchasing a vehicle?
Whaaat...
You’ll like it on B6G
LoneRanger

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 08, 2021

When they can't get kicked out of the house they've been squatting in for the last year and not paying rent even though they have had a job the whole time? What else would they spend there money on? back rent? riiiiight.... (I know a person on the street that still work and hasn't paid rent sense they started the no eviction)
I 60 yo I have plenty of cars and motorcycles. collector and everyday. Don't need another car.
LoneRanger, Bschurr

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 08, 2021

Whaaat...
You’ll like it on B6G
You tell em.

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

May 08, 2021

I am hoping to turn a profit on my order. Possibly more than 10K. The more the better IMO!

L.R.
Commodore, Bschurr

Lakesinai

May 09, 2021

I am hoping to turn a profit on my order. Possibly more than 10K. The more the better IMO!

L.R.
Lone Ranger, what are the rules as you understand them regarding Ford's requirement that the person who reserved the vehicle, be the one who purchases and registers the vehicle? How can they be enforced? See my post above.
Commodore

Rank IV

May 09, 2021

Good used cars & trucks are fetching high prices right now. When we get our Broncos, will we get over-price premiums for reselling? People say so, but there's always the unexpected event we can't predice. Like a chip fire causing ford to lose 50% of its vehicle production (prices up). Or a major stock market crash causing the loss of cash to buy said Bronco. Or some design glitch causing a major devalue.

Since both engines and the auto trans are well-known, reliable units, the only new item that could break is the upgraded full time transfer case. So, aside from possible window/roof leaks, this looks to remain a valuable vehicle for a time.

Personally, it would be hard to separate me from my long-awaited Bronco. Besides, if I trade in my overvalued F150, what will i drive?
“Everything is for sale” for a price... but I agree. There’s no way that after waiting more than a year for this vehicle, and investing so much time and emotional energy into it I would sell it for 5K in the bank. Offer me 200% invoice... then maybe we’ll talk since I could afford a Raptor or Rivian at that point
Bschurr, Commodore

Lakesinai

May 09, 2021

“Everything is for sale” for a price... but I agree. There’s no way that after waiting more than a year for this vehicle, and investing so much time and emotional energy into it I would sell it for 5K in the bank. Offer me 200% invoice... then maybe we’ll talk since I could afford a Raptor or Rivian at that point
Yes, its clear that we've all become more emotionally invested in this than i expected I would! Maybe its the wait!
Commodore