5th Gen Bronco Prices

Ian95EB
Oct 28, 2020

Rank 0

Oct 28, 2020

Hey Bronco Nation! I'm new here and have got a 95 Eddie Bauer edition Bronco. I've owned it for awhile and I'm thinking about selling it. I would like to get a ballpark number on what it should go for. With 5th gens becoming classics now, I've seen the prices slowly rising, with Eddie Bauer editions bringing the most money, even the high mileage ones. Mine currently has about 230k miles, is all original no rust, and runs great, but does have some of the 90's Ford failings like the cracked dash, faded paint on hood/roof, and cracked leather seats. How much are 5th gen EB Broncos worth right now? Any input would be appreciated!
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2020

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Oct 28, 2020

As someone who would like to buy one and is looking for a deal, I'd says it's worth about $5000.;)
Seriously, though, I'm seeing numbers anywhere from 10K to 20K. Maybe those are just CA numbers though.

And Welcome to the forum!

Rank 0

Oct 28, 2020

I’ve seen the same numbers, some higher some lower ofc. Would love to know if it’d be worth fixing up the interior for the extra value it brings. Most high dollar Bronco have near perfect interiors.

Rank VI

Oct 28, 2020

They are going up in price.

I have owned Broncos for 15 years and watch the market around Atlanta like a hawk hoping to find my next purchase to add to my stable.

All of the below is based on the southern market. I'm sure any Bronco will a little frame left will be listed for 2,000 to 4,000 more than what I have below if you are in the rust belt. And as always really the value is ….. what someone is willing to pay.

The buzz around the new bronco has excited a new crowd. Most are young and see a Bronco listed for 4,000 or 5,000 and think "what a bargain... when the new ones are going for 6 to 10 times that amount". What they do not realize is that a 25 year old vehicle is far from turn key …. and most Broncos out there are long overdue for a motor, transmission, ball joints, axel pivot bushings, brakes, paint and rust prevention. That 4,000 purchase can turn into a 15,000 nightmare real quick.

That being said. Right now you get a decent F150 that is the same year … and practically the same truck.... for 3,000 to 4,000 cheaper than a equivalent Bronco. if you do not have receipts for any major work completed ( the ones mentioned earlier) than you are starting at the 4,000 to 5,000 mark. Any recent work completed will add value... but who wants to spend 7,000 of a 25 year vehicle that can have a transmission or motor go out on the way home? Not the savvy buyer who does his due diligence before purchase. Right now you can turn any POS Bronco into a 4,000 'dump job' on any unsuspecting millennial who does know any better..... but after that it will be hard to pull the wool over anyone's eyes who knows about Ford trucks. Getting your price up into the 8,000 to 12,000 range will require a lot of work .… but it is not unrealistic ….. unlike the owner of the same year F150 … who no matter how much he dumps into the F150 it will never be worth more than 5,000 or 6,000 max.

I do not help the market by informing anyone who is looking to buy a Bronco to start in Arizona/New Mexica and parts of California. This is the holy land of classic vehicles and rust free Broncos are plentiful and the market is healthy. A rust belt resident can buy one and have it shipped for right at the 7,000 to 10,000 mark..... and save many thousands in rust repair …. not to mention that every bolt you loosen will require minimal effort compared to a rusty, crusty, bronco. That doesn't help you one bit … but hell I'm a giver.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jan 19, 2021

I just purchased a '96 XLT with 240k on the odometer but the engine was swapped out at 120k. There was some surface rust behind the rear tire from rocks getting kicked up, but other than that the truck is clean. It was listed for $8,500, but I was able to haggle down to $7,200. This was in Dallas, TX

Edit: This also came with new front suspension, 33" Goodyear Wrangler tires with tons of tread and the 3g alternator upgrade.
Bronc96, JFord

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 19, 2021

Congrats! That's exciting. Good negotiating!
nkey

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 20, 2021

I just purchased a '96 XLT with 240k on the odometer but the engine was swapped out at 120k. There was some surface rust behind the rear tire from rocks getting kicked up, but other than that the truck is clean. It was listed for $8,500, but I was able to haggle down to $7,200. This was in Dallas, TX

Edit: This also came with new front suspension, 33" Goodyear Wrangler tires with tons of tread and the 3g alternator upgrade.
Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)
Slap some pictures up when you get the time. We would love to see them.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
JFord, nkey

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2021

Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)
Slap some pictures up when you get the time. We would love to see them.
It's currently up on jack stands while I replace the suspension bushings and steering gear, but once I get it back in driving condition I'll do an intro post
Bronc96, JFord

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2021

Congrats on the Bronco purchase @nkey! I have a 96 as well, love the Big Broncs! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
nkey, TorgSurv

Rank III

Jan 26, 2021

I bought mine just over a year ago for $6k sound similar to yours, 237k miles, no rust. I bet I could double that at least today.IMG_3400.jpg
@hb_bronco
1995 EB 5.8 RC 6” lift.
BuzzyBud, TorgSurv