5 Things to Know About GMRS

Hobgoblin
Mar 10, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 10, 2021

Hello BN,

Since there has been a lot of talk about mobile communications lately, I thought that I would share a link to one of the best videos explaining GMRS that I have come across. This is from Tom the Dilettante on YouTube. He is an Overlander with a Crosstrek and has several different interests that he shares.

@BuzzyBud I think you will enjoy his content. Hope you all get something out of it and I look forward to you all sharing your thoughts.

Summit981, Giggles
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 10, 2021

Overlander, Crosstrek? Does that mean we don't need a Bronco Badlands to Overland?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 10, 2021

Overlander, Crosstrek? Does that mean we don't need a Bronco Badlands to Overland?
May not need it, but is going to be awesome in a Badlands! #Broncolife!

Rank VI

Mar 10, 2021

I really enjoy his clarification regarding the group of channels many overlanders might use with GMRS mobile devices. I also liked his highlighting the fact others may already be on the channel your group is hoping to use.
When I would take a group out for ocean kayaking, we would all agree on a channel. If we discovered lobster fishermen had chosen that channel, we would jump over to our backup. Courteous behavior on land and water is good.
IL21Bronco, Summit981