2 door storage/seat folding unveiled! (not good?)

beachman101
Jul 16, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

Hopefully this is just a prototype/screwed up presentation and ford can manage to get these to fold flat or even FLUSH with the rear of the bed. If they can fold flat but not FLUSH , maybe the height of them can match aftermarket pull out "trays" to give us a nice flat flush massive rear storage area? Hope ford is listening! Hope this is not the "fold flat" seats i put a reserve on! crossing fingers

Screenshot_20200715-232428~2.png
LoneRanger, carrellslake

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 16, 2020

Those are folded about as flat as the Ranger rear seat. LOL

Looks like maybe the front seats are all the way back and the rears can't fold all the way down.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

Yeah I hope the production model is better or I may bump up to the 4 door.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

I hope the seat is easily removed. I have 2 wranglers and neither have the rear seats in them.

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

based on some images of the 4 door whoever was in charge of this 2 door might have screwed up and not put them down all the way

here is the 4 door seats. pretty close to flat. Hope ford comes out and answers this one. Its a big deal for alot of people. especially the 2 door with its extremely small storage space.

1594908282804.png
. 882C6AE2-E69C-4A51-AFEF-F2A6C98AB2EB.jpeg

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

I went with the Badass.... sorry I meant Badland trim:). It the 2 door seats go all the way down like in the first photo and there is no carpet I can easily throw my two dogs back there and be happy with the smaller rig. If not I may have to go 4 door. Dogs are thrilled about the open air concept.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

based on some images of the 4 door whoever was in charge of this 2 door might have screwed up and not put them down all the way

here is the 4 door seats. pretty close to flat. Hope ford comes out and answers this one. Its a big deal for alot of people. especially the 2 door with its extremely small storage space.

View attachment 1398
. View attachment 1397
This looks a lot better than the 2 door photo. I do hope they address this issue.

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

I do too. I want some official word from ford.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

I went with the Badass.... sorry I meant Badland trim:). It the 2 door seats go all the way down like in the first photo and there is no carpet I can easily throw my two dogs back there and be happy with the smaller rig. If not I may have to go 4 door. Dogs are thrilled about the open air concept.
Yes, if they seats do fold flat I can live with the small storage space, if not, I'll have to considering moving to the 4 door.

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

If you look very carefully at the Cyber Orange photo you can see the rear seat headrests are folded back as far as they go. So unless you move the front seats 6-8 inches forward (which would be a ridiculously uncomfortable driving position for most of us), then the rear seats cannot fold completely flat.
MAYBE the rear seats can do a flip/fold thing to end up vertical right behind the front seats. But the backrest hinge at the base of the rear seats looks pretty secure to the rear deck to me.
Oh well, time to break out the toolbox and remove the rear seats entirely. Stow them in the garage at home. Make a base for them and use them as Gaming Chairs in front of your PlayStation. Who would want to ride in the back anyway?