Jul 16, 2020

Rank V

Jul 16, 2020

sorry to report this but confirmed today by ford

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2020

I’m okay with that. Truthfully, the automatic transmissions have improved so much that they’re actually much more capable of properly managing shifts than a human driver. But, with my Jeeps, I did always appreciate the ability to take control manually and manage the gear box myself. That said, I would be completely shocked if the automatic didn’t have options for manual controls as well. I haven’t seen a transmission in the last 5 years that didn’t have this option.
LoneRanger

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

Just popping in to mention over a week after the release that that tweet is still the only source of no manual with Sasquatch. So hopefully Ford clears that up soon.
And while autos are better at shifting for performance, manuals have that engagement and control factor that autos cant give.
Fstfrd00

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2020

I started the Bronco journey with a 1993 351W with the automatic about 15 years ago. It is just not the same as slapping gears in a big truck. I researched what was required to swap out the slush box for a stick. After doing some pricing on parts..... I found a 1996 302 5 speed on a used car lot for $3,200. No brainer.... and I haven't regretted the purchase 1 bit.

When I regeared the 1993 and added a Detroit in the rear …...I did not do the work myself. I think Four wheel parts charged me around 2,000. The 35 inch BFG mud terrains tires ran another grand.... and I'm sure you can find some decent beadlocks for $1,000. The sasquatch adds about $10,000 so it would still be an option to get the bigger tires later on...…. And you will get to see what the after market guys come up with.

Don't settle for the auto unless you just hate stick shifts. You will end up regretting it.

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2020

I started the Bronco journey with a 1993 351W with the automatic about 15 years ago. It is just not the same as slapping gears in a big truck. I researched what was required to swap out the slush box for a stick. After doing some pricing on parts..... I found a 1996 302 5 speed on a used car lot for $3,200. No brainer.... and I haven't regretting the purchase 1 bit.

When I regeared the 1993 and added a Detroit in the rear …...I did not do the work myself. I think Four wheel parts charged me around 2,000. The 35 inch BFG mud terrains tires ran another grand.... and I'm sure you can find some decent beadlocks for $1,000. The sasquatch adds about $10,000 so it would still be an option to get the bigger tires later on...…. And you will get to see what the after market guys come up with.

Don't settle for the auto unless you just hate stick shifts. You will end up regretting it.
I hear you. I just don't mind the auto anymore. I guess I'm getting too old to want to manually shift anymore, so I just don't see it as a huge issue. But, I understand why the market is concerned that the manual is not even an option if you want the Squatch package. (But to be fair, early pricing models don't seem to support the idea that the Squatch package will cost $10K more. The package costs are all rumors right now.)

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2020

My philosophy has always been that a stick is a must have in a 4 banger. When you need the extra speed it's just easier to leave it in a lower gear.... also the 4 bangers aren't pushing a ton a horsepower so any extra loss to the transmission doesn't help. Thinking back to girl a dated with a Geo tracker..... worst trans ever. My 2008 focus was a manual and i loved it. I couldn't believe I actually got 165,000 miles without having to do the clutch. I also owned a 1993 Explorer 4 door with a 5 speed and loved it too.

The biggest reason i like manuals is that you never have to lock your doors...... only a small percentage of the population can drive standards...... and only a small percentage of them are thieves.... i like those odds.
BigDaddyChops78