Hey Everyone from Grand Rapids, MI

Reidski29
Jul 07, 2020

Rank II

Jul 07, 2020

Hello new community, I am from Grand Rapids up in Michigan. I am an avid mountain biker and tent/trailer camper. Looking forward to the bronco and I just hope the towing capacities are higher than the wrangler! Currently have a 2013 Expedition that I love, but looking to replace it with the right-sized Bronco. Will offroad, but much more two-tracking than rock crawling (which I wouldn't rule out). A trip or two to silver lake sand dunes may occur too.
Want to ensure there is a roofrack to place all the stuff that won't fit inside the vehicle!

-Reid
Victor Delgado
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 07, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2020

Hey there - Grand Rapidian here also! Also love the outdoors and tent camping. Currently have a 2018 Focus ST that is rocking my garage. Not sure if I'm going to get rid of it or not when Bronco hits, but I plan on picking up a 4door MT if offered in that configuration! LIke you, probabaly not much rock crawling, but two-tracking for sure, and trips to Silver Lake. We are planning on purchasing a 16' teardrop camper next year (Intech Sol Dawn) and since it's so lightweight, Bronco should have no problems with it. Our goal is to be able to live on the road when our last kid hits 18 in 4 years!
Victor Delgado

Rank II

Jul 07, 2020

Yes, I currently have a 196 Spree Escape travel trailer which weighs GVWR at 3,500 lbs. Looking to hope the Bronco has a 6K towing capacity, but I am afraid this may be a bit of a stretch. Just looking to tow it in Michigan, but the Expedition does fantastic with this size trailer as you could imagine.

May have to go back to tent camping, which I am okay with as long as I can have enough baskets, roof rack options and trailer hitch mounts to haul 3 mountain bikes and all my camping gear while still allowing 3 adults to sit in the vehicle.

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, but they just weren't available to meet the needs. I want to remove the doors off the vehicle for cruising so bad! Hoping this vehicle lives up to my expectations, but so far it is. Looking for a 4 door model in either the Jeep Wrangler equivalent of the Rubicon or Sahara.
Victor Delgado

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2020

Nice, the trailer we are looking at also has a GVWR of 3,500 lbs so really allows for a lot of options towing-wise. I would be happy with a 5k towing capacity, but 6k would be a dream!
Reidski29, Victor Delgado

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2020

Hello new community, I am from Grand Rapids up in Michigan. I am an avid mountain biker and tent/trailer camper. Looking forward to the bronco and I just hope the towing capacities are higher than the wrangler! Currently have a 2013 Expedition that I love, but looking to replace it with the right-sized Bronco. Will offroad, but much more two-tracking than rock crawling (which I wouldn't rule out). A trip or two to silver lake sand dunes may occur too.
Want to ensure there is a roofrack to place all the stuff that won't fit inside the vehicle!

-Reid

I cant wait to see what Ford has in store for us on the 13th!
Reidski29

Road trip!!!

Jul 08, 2020

Another Michigangander here. Currently live in Allegan, but getting ready to build and move back to Otsego.

Will need to get us a SW Michigan Bronco club.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank V

Jul 09, 2020

My wife is spending almost 3 weeks in Grand Rapids/East Grand Rapids right now. I'm always on the prowl for Broncos when I'm back there!

Rank 0

Jul 10, 2020

Nice, the trailer we are looking at also has a GVWR of 3,500 lbs so really allows for a lot of options towing-wise. I would be happy with a 5k towing capacity, but 6k would be a dream!
I've heard as much as 7500# towing for the Bronco. Cheers from a fellow (former) Michigander.