4,000 Miles on the odometer. What do you want to know?

jparker
Jul 21, 2021

Jul 21, 2021

Hey y'all!

Just passed 4,000 miles on our BN Bronco that we've been touring in! What do you want to know or what questions do you have after 4,000 miles of driving? Fire away below and I will do my best to answer!
@jordanfrombn on Instagram
Broncofly, NickP
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021

Rank XII

Jul 21, 2021

What observations do you have, after some mileage, that you didn't originally recognize?
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

Hey y'all!

Just passed 4,000 miles on our BN Bronco that we've been touring in! What do you want to know or what questions do you have after 4,000 miles of driving? Fire away below and I will do my best to answer!
What kind of mileage were you getting?
Did you notice a difference in performance between different grades of gasoline?
Bronc96, TK1215

Jul 21, 2021

What observations do you have, after some mileage, that you didn't originally recognize?
A big take away is just how smooth and transmissions and shifting is, and how peppy the truck is. For something with the aerodynamic prowess of a 2.5 ton file cabinet, it MOVES. You barely notice the shifting and its incredibly smooth. I think all the talk of the 10R60 vs. 10R80 is a little unfounded to be honest. This is in all likelihood the highest mileage Bronco outside of Fords testing/internal fleet and the drivetrain has been nothing but impressive. The wind/road noise is a little intrusive but our truck also doesnt have the headliner so its not necessarily a fair comment to make. I think the headliner would make a difference on the highway.

Another pleasant surprise is the fuel economy. Over 1622.2 miles thus far on this Florida tour, we have averaged 18.3 mpg with a large combination of highway, city, and stop-and-go traffic driving. Just on the highway we are averaging 20-21mpg in "Normal" mode.

I also LOVE the 12 inch screen. Using it for navigation is so clear and easy to read.

We also took it on the beach in St. Augustine and Daytona Beach and it was so nice. We had the doors off, put it in sand mode and set trail control to 10mph and it practically drove itself down the beach. Trail control was perfectly dialed in and responsive on soft sand. Very impressive.

Overall ive been pleasantly surprised at how good of a road-trip car it has been, albeit the cupholder situation which will forever and always bug me until they add more to this vehicle.
Shadowblade, Mountainwiitch

Rank XII

Jul 21, 2021

One thing @jparker - The public that's been admiring your "new truck thingy"...they have no idea how many cupholders you have. ;)
Shadowblade, PSUTE

Jul 21, 2021

One thing @jparker - The public that's been admiring your "new truck thingy"...they have no idea how many cupholders you have. ;)
So since this Bronco has leather, we have 4 cupholders. Two in the front, two in the dropdown armrest in the back. All other interior trims, cloth and MGV, only have the two up front. I would love 4 minimum across all trims, if not 6.
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Rank XII

Jul 21, 2021

Got ya, I'm meaning the folks you pass by in FL....the last thing on their mind is, "I wonder if that "truck thingy" has copious cupholders?"
Shadowblade, PSUTE

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

Hey y'all!

Do you hear a whistle sound down the highway from the mirrors?

Just trying to judge if some of the reports are down to a few or all Broncos. With a whistling noise.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.

Jul 21, 2021

Got ya, I'm meaning the folks you pass by in FL....the last thing on their mind is, "I wonder if that "truck thingy" has copious cupholders?"
Oh hahahah, fair. Well im sure there are people here who are curious from a practicality/daily use standpoint. Just my opinion and pet-peeve but ill survive :)
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Jul 21, 2021

Do you hear a whistle sound down the highway from the mirrors?

Just trying to judge if some of the reports are down to a few or all Broncos. With a whistling noise.
Great question. I have not hear whistling from the mirrors at any speed thus far. Maybe its there but just overshadowed by the wind/tire noise but I haven't heard any whistling period on this Bronco.
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jul 21, 2021

Very kind of you to answer questions from the forum, you are sure to be peppered with many.

My question to you is: In your 4K of miles, did you come across any issues that required a visit to a dealer to fix? Have you been lucky and had no issues?
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 21, 2021

Hey y'all!

How is the A/C in the back seat area? Heard it was not great. Also how is the sound system assuming you got the upgraded system? Thanks.
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

How often are you filling up? And is your demo the 2 or 4-door? Because the 2-door’s gas tank is smaller, correct?

My biggest concern is the fact I commute (more often than not in harsh weather, why I’m upgrading my commuter to an SUV in the first place) 120 miles per day. While I’ve willingly accepted the fact I’ll be paying more for fuel than my 50 mpg turbodiesel Passat, I don’t want to fill up my 2-door BD every day or every other day. That time at the pump adds up.

Also, have you reached higher altitudes yet? How does it feel at high levels, do you notice more fuel consumption and a bigger struggle to accelerate? I’m getting the 2.7 anyway, but my 2018 I-4 Cherokee was absolute garbage at high altitude. I was traveling in tandem with my coworker who was driving his I4 Subaru. He was filling up almost half the time I was, and had significantly less problem reaching and maintaining highway speeds in the mountains of Wyoming and Colorado.
Mountainwiitch, Bronc96

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

Oil filter at 50%? Going to ford full synthetic?
Mountainwiitch, TK1215

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Jul 21, 2021

@jparker Hows is goin! what is your favorite thing about the new line of Broncos?
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22
Bronc96

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jul 21, 2021

good news on the fuel mileage - but for context, can you share what the build is? doors? engine? Squatch?
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Bronc96, jparker

Libations MOD

Jul 21, 2021

So since this Bronco has leather, we have 4 cupholders. Two in the front, two in the dropdown armrest in the back. All other interior trims, cloth and MGV, only have the two up front. I would love 4 minimum across all trims, if not 6.
need room for the 6pack cruising the beach!! LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
PSUTE, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

I know there is a question about the AC in the rear and I would like your thoughts on that as well. But how is it for you in the front? You have been cruising through some really hot and humid areas. Interested to see how you think it works overall and with the dual climate control as well.
Bronc96, TK1215

Jul 22, 2021

Very kind of you to answer questions from the forum, you are sure to be peppered with many.

My question to you is: In your 4K of miles, did you come across any issues that required a visit to a dealer to fix? Have you been lucky and had no issues?
We've had two minor issues related to our vehicle being a prototype, but those were easily resolved and weren't a big issue. So far, it's been smooth sailing!
bdawson24, the poacher

Jul 22, 2021

How is the A/C in the back seat area? Heard it was not great. Also how is the sound system assuming you got the upgraded system? Thanks.
So I have not ridden in the back seat much at all so cannot attest, but I will say this car has an insane A/C system. Like its almost too powerful and cold. We've tested sitting in the back and the air from the front vents does provide decent circulation to the second row. Obviously it would be great if there were vents back there too but I honestly dont think it will be a huge issue. The front does get really cold if you want it to, though.

B&O sound system is solid. Loud, powerful, decently crisp, strong base. Pretty darn good considering they cant put speakers in the roof or doors.
bdawson24, Jakob1972