3rd Party Aftermarket Picatinny Rail Solution?

gizmohd
Aug 24, 2021

Rank V

Aug 24, 2021

How long do you think it will take before some entrepreneur with a little bit metal fab skills will make a custom dash picatinny rail solution BEFORE the 4WP rail is released? And if they do, and it's successful, you think 4WP would feel a little silly not releasing theirs sooner, especially with the amount of interest that people had for it!.
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021

Rank V

Aug 25, 2021

Depends if I get a bronco before they get it out lol…anyone have some measurements? I’ve put out a few products for my wife’s biz

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2021

I like the one that was seen in a lot of the earlier videos. Relatively long with triangle shaped feet on the ends. Is that the one from 4WP? Or is that another ghost product like the donut doors?
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top

Rank V

Aug 25, 2021

I like the one that was seen in a lot of the earlier videos. Relatively long with triangle shaped feet on the ends. Is that the one from 4WP? Or is that another ghost product like the donut doors?

I think everything we’ve seen have been prototypes. I thought there might be multiple mounting points, but it seems a if there is only the one in the middle, which would make longer bars more difficult. Can Anyone with a bronco confirm? 1/4-20 Thread size?

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2021

I think everything we’ve seen have been prototypes. I thought there might be multiple mounting points, but it seems a if there is only the one in the middle, which would make longer bars more difficult. Can Anyone with a bronco confirm? 1/4-20 Thread size?

To me, it looks like they just have little feet on the ends to make it sit level. I've seen people confirm 1/4-20 in other threads.

picatinny rail.jpeg
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
MANDO6, the poacher

Rank 0

Aug 27, 2021

Yes. Everything from 4WP have been proto.
Was told that are ready to approve tooling and might be available by end of the year.
Mounts to the center with a 1/4-20 bolt.
No hard mounting at the ends from Ford.
Charley

Rank IV

Sep 10, 2021

Seems it will be pretty easy to adapt these rails with maybe some 3D printed parts.55E5A254-4D84-4E46-99A3-5DD4CDFFA0A2.jpeg

Attachments

KennyMac, WuNgUn

Have Bronco Will Travel

Oct 07, 2021

Check out ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) at Bronco 6G

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...num-modular-bring-your-own-device-rail.23369/
From infinity and beyond
2023 Badlands 4dr / Sasquatch / High / 2.7 / MIC / Mod bumper / Trailer Tow / Eruption Green
KennyMac, BrianBell66

Rank VI

Oct 07, 2021

Check out ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) at Bronco 6G

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...num-modular-bring-your-own-device-rail.23369/
Yup! Ordered mine a couple days ago. BG6 members are getting a 20% discount on pre-order. Looks like a solid rail solution. Nice color selection as well. I ordered the Tech Bronze, half picatinny, half smooth rail config. Can't wait to get it on my dash. With a build date of 11/29, hopefully a nice Christmas present.
CO OBX 2dr. 2.7l, 4.27 rear locker, tow, Lux, Aux switches, roof rails, Roast Leather. 7/14/20 res, 1/30/21 order.
12/13/21 build week. Blend date 12/16/21 Built 12/29/21 Brought home 1/1/22

Have Bronco Will Travel

Oct 07, 2021

Yup! Ordered mine a couple days ago. BG6 members are getting a 20% discount on pre-order. Looks like a solid rail solution. Nice color selection as well. I ordered the Tech Bronze, half picatinny, half smooth rail config. Can't wait to get it on my dash. With a build date of 11/29, hopefully a nice Christmas present.

It would be a great Christmas present for sure. I ordered one to also.
From infinity and beyond
2023 Badlands 4dr / Sasquatch / High / 2.7 / MIC / Mod bumper / Trailer Tow / Eruption Green

Rank VI

Oct 07, 2021

I just saw another company showing a rail but I can't remember where I saw it. It wasn't the Archetype one. Maybe someone else will chime in w/it.

Rank 0

Oct 10, 2021

Some pictures of the 4WP rail I’ve been playing with.

One bolt in the center, and double sided tape on the ends, and a optional mounting hole if you want to screw the ends into the dash.
Based on a Weaver rail and has an integrated t-slot.
I’m using a bolt in the t-slot to use a phone mount. Also only using the double sided tape, as it seems to work well enough.

CADD2644-91B7-4419-B26C-B674956782DC.jpeg
DDB13325-52AB-4988-8012-05FF5E6CB96F.jpeg
4933029F-3327-4AC2-A552-456D2D1FB6D2.jpeg
EE2832D9-AF8F-488A-B9B3-2644D6EB75D0.jpeg
399D7CEC-5D64-4403-B81F-BBE50D9091E9.jpeg
KennyMac, Designkid

Rank V

Oct 10, 2021

... One bolt in the center, and double sided tape on the ends, and a optional mounting hole if you want to screw the ends into the dash...

What is the double sided tape for, to keep it from rattling?

Rank 0

Oct 10, 2021

Likely, but it didn't rattle before I took the backing off.
Another reason, I think, is it's there to keep the rail from pivoting about the center screw.
Before I pulled the backing, working to adjust the phone mount and the rail would pivot.
I could likely torque the center screw higher, but there has been a few guys that had the insert pull out of the dash.
So being conservative on the torque.
KennyMac, BroncoPA65

Rank V

Oct 10, 2021

Likely, but it didn't rattle before I took the backing off.
Another reason, I think, is it's there to keep the rail from pivoting about the center screw.
Before I pulled the backing, working to adjust the phone mount and the rail would pivot.
I could likely torque the center screw higher, but there has been a few guys that had the insert pull out of the dash.
So being conservative on the torque.

Good insights to this rail. I'm wondering if there's a way to keep it from pivoting without either tapping into the dash or sticking it. It would need to bank against a surface (like the edge of the pocket or the defrost vent, etc) to keep it from pivoting.

Rank VI

Oct 10, 2021

I just got in the Archetype Racing BAM-BYODR on 6G.
Considering 4WP won't even be ready to get them from China till around April, I gave up on them.

This is a local manufacturer with a good idea.

black-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg
Bronco Nation 278
IndianaBroncos on Facebook​
TEEDEE, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Oct 11, 2021

Some pictures of the 4WP rail I’ve been playing with.

One bolt in the center, and double sided tape on the ends, and a optional mounting hole if you want to screw the ends into the dash.
Based on a Weaver rail and has an integrated t-slot.
I’m using a bolt in the t-slot to use a phone mount. Also only using the double sided tape, as it seems to work well enough.

View attachment 19455
View attachment 19456
View attachment 19457
View attachment 19458
View attachment 19459

How did you get this?

Rank 0

Oct 18, 2021

How did you get this?

I used to work in the Off-road aftermarket business. An old friend, at 4WP, said he had an extra engineering-proto and asked if I wanted to give some feedback on design.
KennyMac, dsnow58

Rank V

Oct 23, 2021

How did you get this?
Hook a brother up. That’s the #1 accessory on my wish list and I just got my Bronco yesterday.
I used to work in the Off-road aftermarket business. An old friend, at 4WP, said he had an extra engineering-proto and asked if I wanted to give some feedback on design.
BrianBell66

Rank 0

Oct 23, 2021

Was told they’ll be available at the end of the year. No pricing yet.