2023 Bronco Order Guide and MYCO –– What Do I Need to Know and Do?

Laura
Sep 13, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 13, 2022

The Ford Dealer meetings are going on in Las Vegas this week. Here's what we know so far, via @alydubois.
  • Ford has brought up the number of speakers in the base sound system from six to seven.
  • HOSS 3.0 is standard on Wildtrak.
  • Azure Gray has been added and Cyber Orange removed. All Cyber Orange orders will be automatically converted to Shadow Black. Work with your dealer to change to a different color.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Noble27, Mikes2021Bronco
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2022

Rank VI

Sep 13, 2022

Cyber Orange.....Shadow Black.....close enough.

jerry-seinfeld-eye-roll.gif
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
CBWAR1, Dimo302

Grumpy Young Man

Sep 13, 2022

The Ford Dealer meetings are going on in Las Vegas this week. Here's what we know so far, via @alydubois.
  • Ford has brought up the number of speakers in the base sound system from six to seven.
  • Azure Gray has been added and Cyber Orange removed. All Cyber Orange orders will be automatically converted to Shadow Black. Work with your dealer to change to a different color.
Hoss is standard eh? That will be cool, if the price increase is minimal lol.
PSUTE, Mal

Last Chance

Sep 13, 2022

Hoss is standard eh? That will be cool, if the price increase is minimal lol.

Yeah, I really love that. The only reason I didn't add it to my old Wildtrak order is that I didn't want to break my price protection. Now... I am not sure what will happen.
2023 Two-Door Wildtrak: Reserved 6/13/21, Ordered 11/1/21, Reordered for 2023 model year 10/4/2022, Build date received on 3/2/2023. Scheduled for week of April 24 17(!), 2023. Only took two years.
CBWAR1, PSUTE

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 13, 2022

Hey.... Wildtrak is no longer a pointless trim anymore. That's awesome.

And glad they are bumping the number of speakers. Before I took delivery I read all of the posts from people who said the audio system was bad. But I'm not really an audiophile and I've never felt the need to upgrade stock audio systems before, so didn't think it would be an issue. BUT... wow... now that I've taken delivery... I can confirm the audio system truly is terrible. It is easily the worst audio system of any vehicle I've owned in the past 2 decades.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
CBWAR1, Gunninja1

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 13, 2022

Thank you for the update. When does this shindig wrap? Trying to figure out when I need to start talking to the dealer about the reorder. Most of mine will be the same, but a black truck here in Albuquerque is not a great option, unless you like scalding hot hotness.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
DSTAR777, Summit981

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 13, 2022

Hey.... Wildtrak is no longer a pointless trim anymore. That's awesome.

And glad they are bumping the number of speakers. Before I took delivery I read all of the posts from people who said the audio system was bad. But I'm not really an audiophile and I've never felt the need to upgrade stock audio systems before, so didn't think it would be an issue. BUT... wow... now that I've taken delivery... I can confirm the audio system truly is terrible. It is easily the worst audio system of any vehicle I've owned in the past 2 decades.
Well that is what Crutchfield is for. I have replaced the speakers in every Ford I have ever owned. I bleed Ford blue, but the speakers they use are paper cone junk. I guess the seventh speaker is center dash?
ABQNMBronco, frdfan

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 13, 2022

Well that is what Crutchfield is for. I have replaced the speakers in every Ford I have ever owned. I bleed Ford blue, but the speakers they use are paper cone junk. I guess the seventh speaker is center dash?
That's what I'm guessing—most logical location.

And yeah, need to check out Crutchfield. I know a lot about speakers from an electrical circuit perspective (electrical engineering major in college), but I have absolutely no idea what makes a speaker system "good" or "bad". Going to have to lean on my younger brother for that. He went through a phase in high school where he was all about upgrading the speakers in his Pathfinder so he could "be bumpin'!"... or... whatever he called it. :rolleyes:
bek
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 13, 2022

Thank you for the update. When does this shindig wrap? Trying to figure out when I need to start talking to the dealer about the reorder. Most of mine will be the same, but a black truck here in Albuquerque is not a great option, unless you like scalding hot hotness.
Not sure when it wraps, but @RagnarKon posted the schedule here, including order banks opening: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/2023my-bronco-information-sept-1st-updates.13854/.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Mal, Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 13, 2022

That's what I'm guessing—most logical location.

And yeah, need to check out Crutchfield. I know a lot about speakers from an electrical circuit perspective (electrical engineering major in college), but I have absolutely no idea what makes a speaker system "good" or "bad". Going to have to lean on my younger brother for that. He went through a phase in high school where he was all about upgrading the speakers in his Pathfinder so he could "be bumpin'!"... or... whatever he called it. :rolleyes:
You can certainly spend a lot if you want. I am into audio stuff in the house, just not interested in a loud bassy system in my vehicle. I have managed to preserve my hearing despite the 90's DC punk scene and a lot of overseas time and want to protect it going forward.
I think a good set of mid-price range speakers from a name brand is probably good enough- its still an open air loud vehicle, and there is just so much you can do. One of the benefits of ordering from Crutchfield or one of them like that is you can generally get the plug and play speaker pigtails included. I would also consider marine grade speakers depending on how much you are going to be running about with top and doors off. Maybe not so much in New England, but you guys get like two weeks of summer right ? :)
JoergH

Rank VI

Sep 13, 2022

I just noticed that B6G keeps spreadsheets for each build week. I took a look at the one for 10/17 where 21 people have reported getting build dates for that week. Of those 20 orders,:

17 were ordered after me.
8 of those were ordered in 2022.
Only 3 are Cyber Orange, which proves that they are not making any effort to fulfill orders for the only color going away.

There is no justice in this process. It is truly the most horrid customer service experience I've ever had.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
PSUTE, Oldhippie

Life is a Highway

Sep 13, 2022

I just noticed that B6G keeps spreadsheets for each build week. I took a look at the one for 10/17 where 21 people have reported getting build dates for that week. Of those 20 orders,:

Only 3 are Cyber Orange, which proves that they are not making any effort to fulfill orders for the only color going away.

There is no justice in this process. It is truly the most horrid customer service experience I've ever had.
My guess is that dealership allocations is the deciding factor.
bek, PSUTE

Grumpy Young Man

Sep 13, 2022

My guess is that dealership allocations is the deciding factor.
Definitely. I wish dealership allocations were public, to give customers a slight idea of when they’ll get their golden ticket.
bek, PSUTE

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 13, 2022

Those spreadsheets have VERY little information in the grand scheme of things. My build week spreadsheet had around ~90 people input their information, yet I know Ford produced around ~3,200 Broncos my build week. 2.5% sample size is not much to go off of.

I haven't seen the full data set myself (doubt anyone outside of Ford has), so I have no idea if Ford is actually prioritizing Cyber Orange orders. If I were to guess it is probably a factor in the scheduling, but it's only a factor. If they have 1000 Cyber Orange Badlands Sasquatch orders, but only enough Cyber Orange supply for 500 of those and only enough Sasquatch wheels for 250 of them obviously 75% of those people are unfortunately going to get skipped.

I do 100% completely agree that it sucks though regardless. Those that had Anti-Matter Blue on their order lost their color too and were super disappointed (myself being one of them).
Big Pony

Rank XII

Sep 13, 2022

Shelby Bronco coming? "Shelby" mentioned in 2023 dealer documentation along with Heritage Edition & Raptor.
PSUTE, Oldhippie
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 13, 2022

Shelby Bronco coming? "Shelby" mentioned in 2023 dealer documentation along with Heritage Edition & Raptor.

;)
TurboS-957, PSUTE

Rank XII

Sep 13, 2022

I like Shelby Hall drives a Shelby Bronco even better :love: !

Rank VI

Sep 13, 2022

Oh man, I feel the the automatic conversion of Cyber Orange to Shadow Black is going to lead to some VERY VERY grumpy customers. Imagine you have an order for CO (debatably the loudest, most stand-out'ish color in the palate), but when you pick it up, voila it's Shadow Black because you don't read the forums and have a totally apathetic dealer.

Personally, I think Ford should *99 the CO orders to ensure those order holders don't get delivered something they definitely don't want.

*note - I have no issue with Shadow Black at all. I'm just assuming in the Venn diagram of color preference for Bronco's, there is minimal overlap between CO and SB!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
CBWAR1, RagnarKon
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 13, 2022

Personally, I think Ford should *99 the CO orders to ensure those order holders don't get delivered something they definitely don't want.
They did this last year with all orders; we can expect it again for this year.

Rank II

Sep 13, 2022

Still haven't learned what the 2 Door Oates is...
2023 2 Door Badlands, 7MT, Eruption Green, High, Tow
Deano Bronc, Howdy