2022 Bronco Navigation Removal –– What’s Coming

Laura
May 27, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 27, 2022

ford-pass-dash-map-plot-points-1.jpeg

In early April, rumors swirled that Ford was removing the Bronco’s factory navigation system from customer orders. Order holders were concerned, and Ford stepped in to put the speculations to bed. Jiyan Cadiz, Manager, North American Passenger Vehicle Communications, told Carscoops that “[the] 2022 Ford Broncos will continue to be built with navigation.”

Now, Ford has sent dealers a communication detailing Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation removal, and Bronco Nation saw a copy.

The Details
Beginning May 30th, dealer stock orders will be built without Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation. Customer retail orders are not affected at this time.

Lost Connected Navigation (currently included on Mid Package) functionalities will include:
  • 90-day trial and subscription navigation
  • Pinch-to-Zoom Capability
  • Live Traffic
  • Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance,
  • One Box Search
  • Embedded Voice
  • Future use of the FordPass Performance App
Lost Connected Built-In Navigation (currently standard on Lux Package and available on Mid and High Packages) functionalities will include:
  • 3-year trial and subscription navigation
  • Pinch-to-Zoom Capability
  • Live Traffic
  • Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance
  • One Box Search
  • Embedded Voice
  • Future use of the FordPass Performance App
To compensate for the removal of these features, buyers will get a credit to MSRP of $50 for connected navigation and $695 for connected built-in navigation. In both situations, third-party navigation apps like Google Maps used via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto will not be affected and can continue being used.

In our opinion, the loss of FordPass Performance App future use on these dealer stock Broncos may be the most painful part of this news. The app is coming this year and is said to bring many interesting features. However, some customers have gotten used to using trail tools like Gaia and onX in the meantime, and these workarounds may lessen the sting for those who won't have the FPP app capability.

For customers who want Connected Navigation or Connected Built-In Navigation and are waiting on your Bronco, stay close to Bronco Nation news and forums. We'll continue to do our best to bring you updates and advice that help you as you wait.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Broncofly, AutumnHawk
Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

May 27, 2022

Ah, I was wondering if Bronco Nation was on copy. Thanks for posting!!

In my opinion, this is a no-brainer move on Ford's part. Chances are the vast majority of people who have a navigation system will switch to the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto once their trail period ends anyway. So if you absolutely need to cut some features to get vehicles out the door, this is a good feature to cut.

Overall the removal of technology impacts the other Ford product lines a lot more than the Bronco. Many of those other product lines are losing the big-ticket Co-Pilot360 features, such as Active Park Assist (the automatic parallel parking feature). But given that the Bronco has a relatively small number of Co-Pilot360 features, we're not as impacted as nearly as much.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
bdawson24, Mal
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 27, 2022

Ah, I was wondering if Bronco Nation was on copy. Thanks for posting!!

In my opinion, this is a no-brainer move on Ford's part. Chances are the vast majority of people who have a navigation system will switch to the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto once their trail period ends anyway. So if you absolutely need to cut some features to get vehicles out the door, this is a good feature to cut.

Overall the removal of technology impacts the other Ford product lines a lot more than the Bronco. Many of those other product lines are losing the big-ticket Co-Pilot360 features, such as Active Park Assist (the automatic parallel parking feature). But given that the Bronco has a relatively small number of Co-Pilot360 features, we're not as impacted as nearly as much.
No one wants to be the first to share it, I get it! :censored:
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

Burrito Connoisseur

May 27, 2022

No one wants to be the first to share it, I get it! :censored:
Don't want to get anyone in trouble ;) I am just glad Ford is willing to share this information to Bronco Nation. Reduces the amount of rumor-mill "but my dealer said" type stuff.

Also glad to see that Ford hasn't completely forgotten about the FordPass Performance App, which admittedly was one of the major reasons why I got the Mid package. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Darrel, TK1215

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

May 28, 2022

Dealer stock orders won't be getting those features after May 30th, but current 2022 order holders will. Got it. So at this point, the sooner my vehicle is delivered, the better my chances are of getting what I ordered. If my order is bumped into the 2023 model year (seems likely at this point), it's anyones guess as to whether my Lux package will feature the built-in nav. :geek:
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

May 28, 2022

Dealer stock orders won't be getting those features after May 30th, but current 2022 order holders will. Got it. So at this point, the sooner my vehicle is delivered, the better my chances are of getting what I ordered. If my order is bumped into the 2023 model year (seems likely at this point), it's anyones guess as to whether my Lux package will feature the built-in nav. :geek:
Chances are they won’t change anything major for 2023. The price protection program Ford setup for early 2021 reservations are valid through 2023... so if they start dropping major features there's gonna be a revolt. Heck... even minor changes will cause a turmoil. They removed the temperature readout on the climate control dials (no big deal imo), and that nearly triggered an angry mob. So I think you're safe. The most they would do is leave some features off of your Bronco for now, give you a credit, and create a program through the dealers to install that feature on your vehicle once the components become available.

2024... however... that could be the year of major changes if this semiconductor supply crisis continues. (Or, conversely, if it resolves itself sometime in 2023 as is predicted, Ford could add new features we all wish we had.)
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank V

May 28, 2022

@Laura thank you for the update and clarification. Much appreciated.
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

May 28, 2022

Chances are they won’t change anything major for 2023. The price protection program Ford setup for early 2021 reservations are valid through 2023... so if they start dropping major features there's gonna be a revolt. Heck... even minor changes will cause a turmoil. They removed the temperature readout on the climate control dials (no big deal imo), and that nearly triggered an angry mob. So I think you're safe. The most they would do is leave some features off of your Bronco for now, give you a credit, and create a program through the dealers to install that feature on your vehicle once the components become available.

2024... however... that could be the year of major changes if this semiconductor supply crisis continues. (Or, conversely, if it resolves itself sometime in 2023 as is predicted, Ford could add new features we all wish we had.)

I appreciate your reassurances and I'm not one to join an angry mob. I'm more the guy that rolls his eyes and offers a dismissive shrug, but I'm more concerned by your mention of "reservations" than anything. I never had a reservation, which is a golden ticket of sorts. I was a walk-in order placer. I'm in that not-so-sweet spot of being a retail order customer, but without any of the perks of being a reservation holder. For instance, there is absolutely NO WAY for me to check on the status of my order online. Sure, I could call my dealer, but they've become as unhelpful and uncommunicative as you can be. Shit, they can't even spell my name right! Not feeling the joy right now.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Northwest Bronco

May 28, 2022

I'm confused. I have a 2021 with the Lux and built in navigation. How does this effect me? Help.
Northwest Bronco Channel

Rank V

May 28, 2022

I'm confused. I have a 2021 with the Lux and built in navigation. How does this effect me? Help.
It does not. Interesting to note built in cost $695 but if you don’t order and pay for it after arrival it only cost about $270 for 3 years.

Northwest Bronco

May 28, 2022

It does not. Interesting to note built in cost $695 but if you don’t order and pay for it after arrival it only cost about $270 for 3 years.

Thank you. So the navigation will continue to work, or does it turn off at some point and I get a refund?
Northwest Bronco Channel

Burrito Connoisseur

May 28, 2022

Thank you. So the navigation will continue to work, or does it turn off at some point and I get a refund?
You have what is called Connected Built-in Navigation.

For the first 3 years you own the vehicle you will have full functionality. Once those three years are over, your trial period ends. After that you will retain the basic point A to point B navigation, but you will lose weather, traffic, and a handful of other features.It you still want those features there is a subscription service you can pay for to retain them.

It has always been this way for you and this most recent announcement has no impact on your Bronco.
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

Burrito Connoisseur

May 28, 2022

I appreciate your reassurances and I'm not one to join an angry mob. I'm more the guy that rolls his eyes and offers a dismissive shrug, but I'm more concerned by your mention of "reservations" than anything. I never had a reservation, which is a golden ticket of sorts. I was a walk-in order placer. I'm in that not-so-sweet spot of being a retail order customer, but without any of the perks of being a reservation holder. For instance, there is absolutely NO WAY for me to check on the status of my order online. Sure, I could call my dealer, but they've become as unhelpful and uncommunicative as you can be. Shit, they can't even spell my name right! Not feeling the joy right now.
Yeah obviously anything is possible, we don't know what Ford will do.

BUT I suspect even if you aren't a reservation holder you'll still "piggy back" off of the price protection program in some way. The price protection program basically "locks in" what options Ford will offer, and I don't see Ford forcing non-reservation retail orders to have different options than retail orders attached to reservations. BUT... we'll see I guess.
BuckYeah

Rank V

May 29, 2022

You get the maps and your vehicle location. You lose the speed limit and nav direction after 3 months without or 3 years with option.

The bummer thing is google maps works with nothing added but it’s only available on 60% of the screen. And when your out of reception(like on the trail) you get nothing.

Trusted and Carefree

May 31, 2022

This is actually a pretty reasonable solution here. It will be interesting to see if this change continues into MY23 or if they modify it more.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
RagnarKon

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

Here is what I see in my future . . . Hey, here is your new top of the line, fully loaded Wildtrak Bronco that you ordered well over a year ago. What? Your "Lost Connect Built-In Navigation isn't working!" Well that sucks, sorry about that. No, unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about it, except give you back $695 for your trouble. Our bad! Take it or leave it . . .
ResidualGenius

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

I ordered an F150 Tremor in March (in addition to my Bronco order - 6/11/21). My salesman called me today to tell me Ford would be building it without the navigation system. Still no build date.

Rank I

Jun 02, 2022

2024... however... that could be the year of major changes if this semiconductor supply crisis continues. (Or, conversely, if it resolves itself sometime in 2023 as is predicted,

The massive Chinese military mobilization near the Straight of Taiwan (that our news doesn't seem to think is important enough to report on, ya know, because Johnny Depp things) has me pretty worried. Even a blockade of Taiwan will crush electronics across the board in the U.S. for years to come.
BigHoof

Rank 0

Jun 03, 2022

Question not pertaining to navigation. I ordered my 2022 and according to my link in my email it has been made and supposed to have been shipped to my dealer by May 18th..........but we haven't heard a thing. My dealer reached out to his rep and he was uncertain as well. Is anyone else having similar issues? Anyone have an idea maybe what I am looking at time frame for my car to be delivered? Or any insight?

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 03, 2022

Question not pertaining to navigation. I ordered my 2022 and according to my link in my email it has been made and supposed to have been shipped to my dealer by May 18th..........but we haven't heard a thing. My dealer reached out to his rep and he was uncertain as well. Is anyone else having similar issues? Anyone have an idea maybe what I am looking at time frame for my car to be delivered? Or any insight?
Ask your dealer to pull a Vehicle Visibility Report.

That report should tell you if has been shipped, and if there are any tracking numbers available. If it was shipped via rail car, it should have a rail car number that you can track. If it was shipped via convoy, it most likely won’t have any way to track your vehicle.

Chances are it is in transit and just delayed due to the country-wide logistics backlog that we’re suffering through.

More information here:

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/here-are-the-build-and-tracking-links.6252/
Jenay83, Deano Bronc