Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
So, the Advanced 4x4 thing is certainly an error but an argument could be made that it's less of an error than you might think. As I understand it, the operator-facing portion of the Advanced 4x4 system is standard on Badlands, in that way the Packaging Guide is wrong. You get the same dial and user-facing controls and feedback on any configuration of Badlands. However, the mechanicals of the system, particularly the rear axle spec are optional depending on whether you have the Sasquatch package or not and on which transmission is spec'd. Having seen the documents that usually get sent to the folks who make these guides, I have a pretty good guess as to where the mix up happened.

For the Badlands Wheels, there isn't an error here. It's easy to assume that there is because B&P says one thing and the Packaging Guide says another. Really though, the PG, being a dealer training product, is just providing more information. Ford has confirmed to me that the 17" High Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Carbonized Gray beauty ring are beadlock capable. Not sure why Ford didn't include this in B&P, seems like you'd want to include as many selling points as possible but there it is.
@David thanks for clarifying! I'm totally going to add those wheels to my order.

Since Badlands has the front and rear lockers, I had thought the axles were the same as Sasquatch. Do you know what is different in the Sasquatch axle? Is it just beefier for the bigger tires or is something else different?

Reactions: Gutter Clown

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

@David thanks for clarifying! I'm totally going to add those wheels to my order.

Since Badlands has the front and rear lockers, I had thought the axles were the same as Sasquatch. Do you know what is different in the Sasquatch axle? Is it just beefier for the bigger tires or is something else different?
From what I could find, the axles on the Badlands are the beefier version and on both the standard and Sasquatch.

Reactions: KennyMac

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann