Jul 29, 2020
Milton, Georgia
First Name
MATT
Last Name
HOBBS
Member #

I dont understand what that even means.
I updated my post to read 90-day trial for Connected. It is a 3-year trial for Connected built-in navigation.

They way I read it from the fine print is that the Connected system only utilizes a cloud based engine to provide turn-by-turn navigation. After the 90 day trial is up you would have to sign up for a recurring plan that would keep that navigation working.

For the Built-in system after the 3 year trial it has the ability to continue to provide turn by turn navigation without relying on the AT&T network and cloud to keep the navigation working.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

For the Built-in system after the 3 year trial it has the ability to continue to provide turn by turn navigation without relying on the AT&T network and cloud to keep the navigation working.
I would think this is like most any built in NAV from the past . It will stay updated for the 3 years then if you don't pay for the updates (They used to be DVDs) it will still work but would not be up to date on new destinations ,roads etc .
I still used the built in NAV on my 2007 King Ranch up until I sold it recently . If there wasn't an address for where I wanted to go I simply had it take me to the town then used Google maps on my phone for the last few miles .

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

I would think this is like most any built in NAV from the past . It will stay updated for the 3 years then if you don't pay for the updates (They used to be DVDs) it will still work but would not be up to date on new destinations ,roads etc .
I still used the built in NAV on my 2007 King Ranch up until I sold it recently . If there wasn't an address for where I wanted to go I simply had it take me to the town then used Google maps on my phone for the last few miles .
Right? Not a big deal. Kids these days and their fancy digital maps. Try lugging around a 100-page atlas from AAA and having to pull over to read it, and flip to different pages for zoomed in areas.

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
Right? Not a big deal. Kids these days and their fancy digital maps. Try lugging around a 100-page atlas from AAA and having to pull over to read it, and flip to different pages for zoomed in areas.
As long as I can plug in a phone & mirror the screen via Apple Car Play or Android Auto I will be in business. So many great trail map apps available. But sometimes I just like to enjoy the adventure and just go explore...

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Oh believe me , been there and done that . The motorcycle touring days when I had to have a map on a tank bag then stop when I got to the edge of the page to re-fold it again . The switch to GPS on the 1st PDA I had was no improvement ,LOL .

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Saw an interesting image on B6G site. I went to look at their article on upcoming Bronco/Jeep ordering comparisons. At the top of the page it shows an AMB that has the winch with the high brush bar instead of the low one. And I think the camera angle makes the brush bar look even taller. Optical illusion

• Wow
Reactions: Bronc96

ATC Enthusiast

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Ohio, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Lawrence
Member #

I just wish you could get the mid package with a manual transmission on the BD! Not a deal breaker for me but I’m giving up a manual car with heated seats and they will be missed. :’( The other goodies in that package would be nice too, but heated seats, man are they nice to have

Reactions: Bronc96

Advocate II

Jul 7, 2020
Florida, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dehner
Hey everyone! Here's the 2021 Ford Bronco Packaging Guide. You can think of it as an extended cut of a brochure for Bronco. While most of the information is not new, it does take the information from the dealer guide that we published last month and presents it in a format that's a little easier to digest. It's a nice summation of the essence of Bronco.

One thing to note, because I know that y'all love to really dig into the details of documents like this, Broncos in the guide are pre-production and you'll spot some inconsistencies if you look closely. I'll leave you to see if your 2021 Bronco knowledge is sufficient for finding them.

I've attached the PDF for your perusal and I'll be posting pictures of the pages so that you don't have to click through if you don't want to. Enjoy!
Anyone have all information on the first edition what are the goat modes It. Comes with . I do not see A complete list that is included on the first edition.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Anyone have all information on the first edition what are the goat modes It. Comes with . I do not see A complete list that is included on the first edition.
Same as Badlands. No Sport mode, but has Baja and Rock Crawl instead.
There was a discussion about this a few months ago. Badlands Sport mode is Baja in 2H.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

There was a discussion about this a few months ago. Badlands Sport mode is Baja in 2H.
Do we know if the shift points, throttle response, etc are the same as sport mode when its in Baja 2h?
Don’t know if they’re exactly the same. Baja does delay shifting when in lower gears so that there’s a sportier response though. We haven’t been in a Bronco on the road with Sport mode engaged to compare. I’ve heard they’re similar but it’s just what I heard.

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
The guide says that the Advanced 4WD w/ 4 Auto is an option on Badlands and not standard? Is that a typo or do I need to change my order? Also it says the optional non-sasquatch wheels in badlands are beadlock capable? If that's true, that would be awesome. (I'm going manual so no squatch for me, and I just figured I had to get aftermarket wheels)

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
The guide says that the Advanced 4WD w/ 4 Auto is an option on Badlands and not standard? Is that a typo or do I need to change my order? Also it says the optional non-sasquatch wheels in badlands are beadlock capable? If that's true, that would be awesome. (I'm going manual so no squatch for me, and I just figured I had to get aftermarket wheels)
According to B&P the 4WD w/4 Auto is standard on BL.

Also B&P won't let you get bead lock capable wheels on Non SAS. All the reading I have done say the only bead lock Capable wheels are on SAS.

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
According to B&P the 4WD w/4 Auto is standard on BL.

Also B&P won't let you get bead lock capable wheels on Non SAS. All the reading I have done say the only bead lock Capable wheels are on SAS.
The B&P has had other errors and I’m hoping the Advanced 4WD is an error in this guide and not the B&P, but right now it’s not clear which is wrong.

Also on B&P, you’ll see there is another non-Sasquatch set of wheels available for the BL. They look like they might be bead lock capable, but it doesn’t say that. However this guide says they are bead lock capable, so I’m wondering which one is correct.

It’s very frustrating all of the errors in the info Ford is putting out and the dealers don’t know either. I’m spending a lot on my order, and I wish I had more confidence that I know what I’m ordering :-(

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
The B&P has had other errors and I’m hoping the Advanced 4WD is an error in this guide and not the B&P, but right now it’s not clear which is wrong.

Also on B&P, you’ll see there is another non-Sasquatch set of wheels available for the BL. They look like they might be bead lock capable, but it doesn’t say that. However this guide says they are bead lock capable, so I’m wondering which one is correct.

It’s very frustrating all of the errors in the info Ford is putting out and the dealers don’t know either. I’m spending a lot on my order, and I wish I had more confidence that I know what I’m ordering :-(
Agree with you.

Page 21 the Final Order Guide says Auto 4WD is Standard on 2D but optional on 4D.
1613327630940.png

Page 23
SAS 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels

NON SAS 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Carbonized Gray Beauty Ring" If it was Beadlock cabable they would have copied and pasted. My gut says the beauty ring on NON SAS is for looks only.
1613327606729.png

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
On Ford's webpage with he badlands specs: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/
..in the "Power&Handling" section, it says the advanced 4x4 is standard and the optional badlands wheels are beadlock capable.

So Final Packaging guide and Final Order Guide: Advanced 4x4 optional
Ford specs webpage and B&P: advanced 4x4 standard

Final Order Guide and B&P: those wheels aren't beadlock
Final Packaging guide and Ford specs webpage: yes, beadlock

@David can you tell us which one is right? Can we get Ford to put out one definitive list of what comes with each trim without errors we can look at?

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

On Ford's webpage with he badlands specs: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/
..in the "Power&Handling" section, it says the advanced 4x4 is standard and the optional badlands wheels are beadlock capable.

So Final Packaging guide and Final Order Guide: Advanced 4x4 optional
Ford specs webpage and B&P: advanced 4x4 standard

Final Order Guide and B&P: those wheels aren't beadlock
Final Packaging guide and Ford specs webpage: yes, beadlock

@David can you tell us which one is right? Can we get Ford to put out one definitive list of what comes with each trim without errors we can look at?
So, the Advanced 4x4 thing is certainly an error but an argument could be made that it's less of an error than you might think. As I understand it, the operator-facing portion of the Advanced 4x4 system is standard on Badlands, in that way the Packaging Guide is wrong. You get the same dial and user-facing controls and feedback on any configuration of Badlands. However, the mechanicals of the system, particularly the rear axle spec are optional depending on whether you have the Sasquatch package or not and on which transmission is spec'd. Having seen the documents that usually get sent to the folks who make these guides, I have a pretty good guess as to where the mix up happened.

For the Badlands Wheels, there isn't an error here. It's easy to assume that there is because B&P says one thing and the Packaging Guide says another. Really though, the PG, being a dealer training product, is just providing more information. Ford has confirmed to me that the 17" High Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Carbonized Gray beauty ring are beadlock capable. Not sure why Ford didn't include this in B&P, seems like you'd want to include as many selling points as possible but there it is.