Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
It was my understanding based on this forum that you get less than an inch increase in height from the Sasquatch BL over the standard BL. I assume that doesn't include the tire height from 33s up to 35s. Unless I'm missing something else a squatch BL should be about 3" higher at most.

jaruss01

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 20, 2021
NJ, USA
First Name
JONATHAN
Last Name
RUSSO
The length of vehicle includes the rear camera post that extends out. So tires don’t change the equation. Which is why all the lengths are the same but BL is slightly longer given standard mod front bumper.

as for height the accidentally included the roof rack for the Sasquatch. If you back out the height of the rack its the same exact dimension as the prelim heights.

any other questions?

Last edited:

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

The length of vehicle includes the rear camera post that extends out. So tires don’t change the equation. Which is why all the lengths are the same but BL is slightly longer given standard mod front bumper.

as for height the accidentally included the roof rack for the Sasquatch. If you back out the height of the rack its the same exact dimension as the prelim heights.

any other questions?
Whew, makes me feel better about fitting in the garage. Thanks. Any chance there are dimensions along the vehicle, like front bumper to rear edge of rear door? It’s a random dimension, I know, and probably only helpful to me as I’m trying to find space around a support pole in my garage.

Reactions: 96ExplorerSport

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Whew, makes me feel better about fitting in the garage. Thanks. Any chance there are dimensions along the vehicle, like front bumper to rear edge of rear door? It’s a random dimension, I know, and probably only helpful to me as I’m trying to find space around a support pole in my garage.
Front bumper tip to the rear edge of the rear door is 3451mm or 135.9 inches.

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

Front bumper tip to the rear edge of the rear door is 3451mm or 135.9 inches.
I heart BN! Thanks for the quick intel!

Reactions: TorgSurv

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

@RynoPSU , how bout the dimension from standard rear hitch mount to rear of spare tire / camera? Looking for the space I need for my bike rack and if I need a hitch extension.

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
@RynoPSU , how bout the dimension from standard rear hitch mount to rear of spare tire / camera? Looking for the space I need for my bike rack and if I need a hitch extension.
My hitch mounted Thule bike rack fits on the back of my Jeep Wrangler with an oversized rear tire on swing out carrier no problem with plenty of clearance. Most hitch mounted bike racks include plenty of clearance so they can “lay down” for loading/unloading. Hopefully your fits!

Reactions: Bonnie6G

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
Do you have the roof length and width for the 4-door and 2-door? I'm trying to figure out what sort of hard-shell tents might fit on the 2-door or estimate how much room an ursa minor on the 4 door would have :)

Also I wish Ford would provide the dimensions of the cargo areas on the 4-door and 2-door. This would be helpful in figuring out what sort of camping we could do with the 2-door.

TCopp

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

Do you have the roof length and width for the 4-door and 2-door? I'm trying to figure out what sort of hard-shell tents might fit on the 2-door or estimate how much room an ursa minor on the 4 door would have :)

Also I wish Ford would provide the dimensions of the cargo areas on the 4-door and 2-door. This would be helpful in figuring out what sort of camping we could do with the 2-door.
Search the forums/google, this has all been posted. At least I know the cargo dimensions have.

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
Search the forums/google, this has all been posted. At least I know the cargo dimensions have.
I’ve googled, but I haven’t seen the roof dimensions posted anywhere. In the forums, I’ve only seen people estimating interior dimensions from pictures. Ford only gives volume, but not cargo depth or width. I’m looking for seats up and seats down numbers like Jeep posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlashRacer

DrStrange

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Sequoia Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Strange
Like I said, I've seen the stuff in the forums where people guess dimensions from pictures, that's why I asked if *Ford* had released any official dimensions other than volume numbers. The design isn't changing at this point and it's kind of lazy that they aren't releasing dimensions like other car manufacturers do, especially now that we're placing orders. So we just have to guess off of pictures of amateur sketch models before making a substantial purchase. This thread is exterior dimensions released by a PR firm working for Ford. Since they spent so much trouble to set up a Forum, I thought maybe they might read it and provide some more dimension info from Ford. Maybe I should just stick to the unofficial forum this dimensions pictures are from.

Reactions: GToddC5

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Like I said, I've seen the stuff in the forums where people guess dimensions from pictures, that's why I asked if *Ford* had released any official dimensions other than volume numbers. The design isn't changing at this point and it's kind of lazy that they aren't releasing dimensions like other car manufacturers do, especially now that we're placing orders. So we just have to guess off of pictures of amateur sketch models before making a substantial purchase. This thread is exterior dimensions released by a PR firm working for Ford. Since they spent so much trouble to set up a Forum, I thought maybe they might read it and provide some more dimension info from Ford. Maybe I should just stick to the unofficial forum this dimensions pictures are from.
I would like official numbers as well

Reactions: DrStrange

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig

The factory roof rack is the same for the 2 door and 4 door. I can measure the roof lengths and widths when I get home in a few days if no else provides it by then.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

The factory roof rack is the same for the 2 door and 4 door. I can measure the roof lengths and widths when I get home in a few days if no else provides it by then.
Will you measure the inside cargo area length, width and height of 2 door and 4 door with seats up and folded down?

Reactions: DrStrange