2021 Bronco Sport Owners Manual

Ponds
Dec 02, 2020

Rank V

Dec 02, 2020

Just in case you’re not aware, Bronco Sport Owners Manual and Quick Reference Guide are now available on Ford.com in the support section.
Rockaway, Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 02, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2020

Thanks, Ford!

...Bronco Nation Rocks!
Ponds

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2020

TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Rockaway, Commodore

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2020

Manual states 87 Octane is sufficient. When I go to sites to compare vehicles to the Sport, they all say "premium unleaded recommended". Whatever Edmunds. lol
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Commodore

Rank V

Dec 04, 2020

Manual states 87 Octane is sufficient. When I go to sites to compare vehicles to the Sport, they all say "premium unleaded recommended". Whatever Edmunds. lol
I have a 2017 Escape 2.0L engine. Exact same thing said by Ford.com and owners manual. Asked my dealership’s service department. They said 87 octane is good for normal driving. Engine is tuned for 87 octane. They recommended to use premium if towing or if engine starts knocking. They also said that the engine will adjust to the higher octane after a tankful (or so). And of course it would need the same if dropping back down to 87 octane. I’ll be honest, I’m not mechanically inclined, but my Escape has been a champ running regular for 75,000 miles so far. I’ve had no issues at all whether city driving or on trips thru the mountains. So, I’ll be running regular old gas in my new chariot (until I start towing one of them fancy overland trailers).
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank 0

Feb 03, 2021

I have a 2017 Escape 2.0L engine. Exact same thing said by Ford.com and owners manual. Asked my dealership’s service department. They said 87 octane is good for normal driving. Engine is tuned for 87 octane. They recommended to use premium if towing or if engine starts knocking. They also said that the engine will adjust to the higher octane after a tankful (or so). And of course it would need the same if dropping back down to 87 octane. I’ll be honest, I’m not mechanically inclined, but my Escape has been a champ running regular for 75,000 miles so far. I’ve had no issues at all whether city driving or on trips thru the mountains. So, I’ll be running regular old gas in my new chariot (until I start towing one of them fancy overland trailers).

But if you look closely at the small print in the sales brochures it states HP, torque and towing capacity specs are based on the use of premium fuel. Not sure if that's in the manual anywhere (it is 466 pages after all) but it's in both showroom brochures I have.
Commodore

Rank V

Feb 04, 2021

But if you look closely at the small print in the sales brochures it states HP, torque and towing capacity specs are based on the use of premium fuel. Not sure if that's in the manual anywhere (it is 466 pages after all) but it's in both showroom brochures I have.
Absolutely agree with ya, in fact check out my 6th sentence...

Cheers!
Commodore

Rank V

Mar 23, 2021

Good Stuff in that owners manual!
Ponds, Commodore