2021 bronco: Go Rhino Dominator xtreme D6 Side Steps 1 person DIY install and review

Chert
Feb 25, 2022

Rank V

Feb 25, 2022

I received my welcome packet so rocking the bronco nation hat here. Seems I missed 5000 by 1 member …ouch

cristian, EvlNvrDys
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2022

Rank V

Feb 25, 2022

Good video.

1. Available in 2 dr yet?
2. Can they act as rock sliders?
Thanks!

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 25, 2022

I received my welcome packet so rocking the bronco nation hat here. Seems I missed 5000 by 1 member …ouch

Great job. I don't know if they could have made it any tougher for a 1 person install.
So you're #4999? Nice. Hat looks good! :D
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Chert

No Ragerts

Feb 26, 2022

Nice job & great video. Love your positive attitude!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Chert

Rank V

Mar 01, 2022

Good video.

1. Available in 2 dr yet?
2. Can they act as rock sliders?
Thanks!
I reached out to go rhino on your questions. I have not heard back, however, It does not seem like 2 dr is available yet. Question #2: yes they do act as sliders as per the specification
richtor

Rank V

Mar 01, 2022

Great job. I don't know if they could have made it any tougher for a 1 person install.
So you're #4999? Nice. Hat looks good! :D
Surprising the steps were less of a pain than the drop step. DIY Video will be released shortly. I love the drop step look. Sucks for clearance but I plan on taking the drop step off when I go off-roading.
Deano Bronc

@elwood.bronco.blues

Mar 01, 2022

Great stuff! Watched this and several of your other videos. Loving it. Would love to hear what you think about how these steps do in mitigating mud and rocks thrown into the doors. Also, do you think this size is appropriate for a non-SAS Bronco?
Follow Jake & Elwood's adventures on Instagram @elwood.bronco.blues

2022 BL 7MT High pkg in Velocity Blue | Ordered 2-25-2022 | Delivered 9-8-2022

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2022

I gotta give you credit, using the pruning shears was pure genious.

I installed these back in November, with help from 1 other person. What a major pain in the ass it was, took us a couple hours to finally get them bolted up. I was cursing up and down. ;)
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Chert

Rank V

Mar 01, 2022

I gotta give you credit, using the pruning shears was pure genious.

I installed these back in November, with help from 1 other person. What a major pain in the ass it was, took us a couple hours to finally get them bolted up. I was cursing up and down. ;)
Haha I can imagine. I am assuming you did not stay “hydrated” while you were doing this….very important
Deano Bronc, EvlNvrDys

Rank V

Mar 01, 2022

Great stuff! Watched this and several of your other videos. Loving it. Would love to hear what you think about how these steps do in mitigating mud and rocks thrown into the doors. Also, do you think this size is appropriate for a non-SAS Bronco?
Does a pretty good job. There is still some spray but significantly less. I would say cuts it down by 70%. Should be a good stance for non Sas. Maybe take a look at the 4inch but you might not get much spray protection. If you think you will add a lift in the future I would go for the D6. I am thinking I might add lift and 37s in the future so I kept the drop step. Need to see how it fits with the mud flaps. Will report back
Deano Bronc, SIDJake

Rank III

Mar 07, 2022

I really like the D6 design and size the best. DSS seem too slim. RB10 and 20s are alright. Checked out all the side step brands and these ones fit the shape of the vehicle and maintain a beast type look better, IMO. And only $529. And they act as rock sliders. Really easy to get into bronco now for persons of the shorter persuasion. I installed myself in about two hours using two standard car jacks to hold them up while fastening the bolts. Never had any issues to complain about after watching the YouTube videos. It helps to have the right tools and shorter handle tool Lengths for most of the bolts. Allen wrench worked best on the Allen head bolts. Sockets for the rest (4” socket extension for the main body bolts on vehicle-attached brackets). Tip: Don’t tighten all your bolts in in either the brackets or side steps as you put them in. leave them semi- loosely bolted in so you can still position steps and bracket holes exactly where you want them front to back on each side of bronco. Once you like the final location, lock the bolts all down tight.
The car jacks work great, as you will need to hand turn the jacks up/down in micro measurements while under vehicle to exactly line up the Allen threaded bolts to the bracket holes (just use your fingers to turn the car jacks up/down). I personally went in order of front bracket, back bracket, then Center bracket on each side. Made this super easy to position exact height while under the vehicle. Some people complain it is super hard to line the vehicle-attached bracket holes to the step bracket holes (inside movable step tube brackets). Not when you follow the above directions. Crank all the bolts down once you have all the D6 side steps precisely where you need them on bronco. Done, drink a beer and enjoy your work.
Chert, SIDJake

Rank III

Rank V

Mar 07, 2022

really help to me
just got the car and forgot order step with it
Wildtrak 4DR+sasquatch ⁞ ERUPTION Green ⁞ high+Leather ⁞ MIC Top + Retractable ⁞ Res 03/04/22,Ordered/Confirmed 10/02/21

Rank V

Mar 07, 2022

really help to me
just got the car and forgot order step with it
Good luck

Rank V

Mar 07, 2022

I really like the D6 design and size the best. DSS seem too slim. RB10 and 20s are alright. Checked out all the side step brands and these ones fit the shape of the vehicle and maintain a beast type look better, IMO. And only $529. And they act as rock sliders. Really easy to get into bronco now for persons of the shorter persuasion. I installed myself in about two hours using two standard car jacks to hold them up while fastening the bolts. Never had any issues to complain about after watching the YouTube videos. It helps to have the right tools and shorter handle tool Lengths for most of the bolts. Allen wrench worked best on the Allen head bolts. Sockets for the rest (4” socket extension for the main body bolts on vehicle-attached brackets). Tip: Don’t tighten all your bolts in in either the brackets or side steps as you put them in. leave them semi- loosely bolted in so you can still position steps and bracket holes exactly where you want them front to back on each side of bronco. Once you like the final location, lock the bolts all down tight.
The car jacks work great, as you will need to hand turn the jacks up/down in micro measurements while under vehicle to exactly line up the Allen threaded bolts to the bracket holes (just use your fingers to turn the car jacks up/down). I personally went in order of front bracket, back bracket, then Center bracket on each side. Made this super easy to position exact height while under the vehicle. Some people complain it is super hard to line the vehicle-attached bracket holes to the step bracket holes (inside movable step tube brackets). Not when you follow the above directions. Crank all the bolts down once you have all the D6 side steps precisely where you need them on bronco. Done, drink a beer and enjoy your work.
For me the pruners/ scraper helped level step and align sliding inner bracket piece.

Rank V

Mar 11, 2022

Here is the drop step install. I like this look a lot

dirty finger