2 MONTHS AND 4500 MILES IN...

CaliKAP
Dec 27, 2021

Rank V

Dec 27, 2021

I ordered my Black Diamond as a 2-DR originally and then, like many, when we heard that MIC hard tops were having issues and that that 2-DR deliveries could be pushed out well into the Spring of 2022, I changed my order to a 4-DR soft top and was surprised with the news that I would be taking delivery in October (2021) - when I told my dealer that we were heading off to Moab for the Off-Rodeo that same week, they did everything in their power to make sure that I could drive it off the lot in time before our trip. We ended up driving to Moab (and a couple of other places along the way) and it was the best way to break in a new rig. My husband, who this entire time of me going on my Bronco journey, had been skeptical of why this was such a big deal to me...he fell in love with the Lil Dude (yes, that's its name) and now is considering ordering his own. We were stopped at every gas-up stop and people had questions...wanted to hear all about it. A lot were surprised to learn it was mine and not his...which cracks me up. I ordered a 7-SPD because I only drive manual...which means that we could not get the high package or SQUATCH it...but honestly..I love the damn thing too much to really care.

We have now taken it on two long road trips, the Moab-Sedona run back in October and we just drove it to New Mexico from San Diego and back - it drives like a dream. I don't think that the soft-top is that much louder than driving in a truck period. I mean..it's a truck, people. I take handsfree calls all the time and haven't gotten any complaints that I can't be heard clearly. It drives remarkably smooth given the size of the tires and the alignment and handling is amazing (compared to a Jeep).

There are only a few here in San Diego that I have actually seen out in the wild..I see lots of Baby Broncos (Sports) around...to each their own. So far, no quality issues that some folks have reported out - thankfully.

I did see a two door on the freeway the other day, anti-matter blue and it looked SWEET...but have to say, I am glad that I changed my order and was able to take delivery this year.

I know not everyone has taken delivery and some are having quality issues - hang in there and good luck!

Here's a pic of the Lil Dude and some other wild horses in the desert. Cheers to more adventures and running into each other in the wild.

1640567500355.png
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
Deano Bronc, Justin Benson
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2021

No Ragerts

Dec 27, 2021

Awesome - Glad you are enjoying your lil dude!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
CaliKAP, 1Five1 Garage

Home, home on the range

Dec 27, 2021

Love seeing other women enjoying the Bronco!! My husband didn't even know I reserved mine. I did it as an early birthday gift to myself. I thought about changing my build to a 4dr softtop but hubby wouldn't let me. Said I'd regret not getting what I wanted. I'm getting the BD 2dr manual. Still waiting on it. Hope to see you on the trail someday!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Skerkenides, JIOxfordWhite

Rank VI

Dec 27, 2021

Great story! Congratulations! I’ve had my 2 door WT for 2 months now and am a few miles short of turning 5K. It has been many smiles per gallon.
Deano Bronc, tlowell01

🐎Moab bound🐎

Dec 27, 2021

@CaliKAP Good story! Beautiful Bronco. Mine is the same color. It is awesome to see so many ladies that like off-road capable vehicles. I did take my husband in with me when I ordered mine. Not really sure why, but I did. Mine was shipped last week. Hoping it gets to New Mexico in the 3 weeks or so.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Dec 27, 2021

Glad to see these non SAS Broncos with the steelies out in the wild! Such a classic look
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.
CaliKAP, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Dec 27, 2021

Awesome pic, congrats on the sweet ride.
Bschurr, tlowell01

Rank V

Dec 27, 2021

Love seeing other women enjoying the Bronco!! My husband didn't even know I reserved mine. I did it as an early birthday gift to myself. I thought about changing my build to a 4dr softtop but hubby wouldn't let me. Said I'd regret not getting what I wanted. I'm getting the BD 2dr manual. Still waiting on it. Hope to see you on the trail someday!

That's awesome! Fully agree with your husband, I am just super impatient. :)
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
Bronco 202?, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Dec 27, 2021

@CaliKAP Good story! Beautiful Bronco. Mine is the same color. It is awesome to see so many ladies that like off-road capable vehicles. I did take my husband in with me when I ordered mine. Not really sure why, but I did. Mine was shipped last week. Hoping it gets to New Mexico in the 3 weeks or so.

That's awesome! Mine was delivered a full two weeks before it was supposed to - dealer will need it for a few days for inspection and any add-on's you may have. Enjoy!!
k@p

Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

I ordered my Black Diamond as a 2-DR originally and then, like many, when we heard that MIC hard tops were having issues and that that 2-DR deliveries could be pushed out well into the Spring of 2022, I changed my order to a 4-DR soft top and was surprised with the news that I would be taking delivery in October (2021) - when I told my dealer that we were heading off to Moab for the Off-Rodeo that same week, they did everything in their power to make sure that I could drive it off the lot in time before our trip. We ended up driving to Moab (and a couple of other places along the way) and it was the best way to break in a new rig. My husband, who this entire time of me going on my Bronco journey, had been skeptical of why this was such a big deal to me...he fell in love with the Lil Dude (yes, that's its name) and now is considering ordering his own. We were stopped at every gas-up stop and people had questions...wanted to hear all about it. A lot were surprised to learn it was mine and not his...which cracks me up. I ordered a 7-SPD because I only drive manual...which means that we could not get the high package or SQUATCH it...but honestly..I love the damn thing too much to really care.

We have now taken it on two long road trips, the Moab-Sedona run back in October and we just drove it to New Mexico from San Diego and back - it drives like a dream. I don't think that the soft-top is that much louder than driving in a truck period. I mean..it's a truck, people. I take handsfree calls all the time and haven't gotten any complaints that I can't be heard clearly. It drives remarkably smooth given the size of the tires and the alignment and handling is amazing (compared to a Jeep).

There are only a few here in San Diego that I have actually seen out in the wild..I see lots of Baby Broncos (Sports) around...to each their own. So far, no quality issues that some folks have reported out - thankfully.

I did see a two door on the freeway the other day, anti-matter blue and it looked SWEET...but have to say, I am glad that I changed my order and was able to take delivery this year.

I know not everyone has taken delivery and some are having quality issues - hang in there and good luck!

Here's a pic of the Lil Dude and some other wild horses in the desert. Cheers to more adventures and running into each other in the wild.

View attachment 24635
Congratulations! So happy to hear you've been enjoying your Bronco so far- I love the color. Cheers to the next adventure!
Bob0403, Bronco 202?