2.7L Engine Bay Pics

Is this engine bay too messy?

• Yes, lets get some covers on there.

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • NO! Get your engine covers out of here!

Votes: 47 33.1%
  • I don't care. I'm never popping that hood if I don't absolutely have to.

Votes: 34 23.9%

• Total voters

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Hey everyone,
I headed out to a dealer preview event in the Detroit Metro area last night and got some pics of the 2.7L engine bay. Enjoy and let us know what jumps out at you about it.

You can get to more Bronco pics in our Bronco Nation Photo Library.

2.7L - Engine Bay-01-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-02-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-03-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-04-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-05-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-06-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-07-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-08-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-09-2.jpg
2.7L - Engine Bay-10-2.jpg

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

The one thing that jumps out at me, is that thing is going to be a nightmare to work on. Most of the plumbing and wiring running on top will have to be removed to do any kind of work on that motor.
I voted no engine covers it has a really nice engine cover being held up by that little stick to the right.
If they add a cover to the engine itself, on an off road vehicle, think of the mud and dirt that will get on the underside of that. No thank you.
It looks like a rats nest but I like it.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

IMHO, there isn't another engine bay out there that looks this messed up. I'm not a fan of covering the entire engine with a cover but it might be an improvement over that.
It used to be a thing of pride when you had a chance to open the hood for someone, not gonna happen now.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

IMHO, there isn't another engine bay out there that looks this messed up. I'm not a fan of covering the entire engine with a cover but it might be an improvement over that.
It used to be a thing of pride when you had a chance to open the hood for someone, not gonna happen now.
Now you can see the thingamabob, the whatchmacallit, the hootermicooter, the flux capacitor and everything else :ROFLMAO:

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Now you can see the thingamabob, the whatchmacallit, the hootermicooter, the flux capacitor and everything else :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, you've got a point. It is nice that it's out in the open cause It seems that the hootermicooter always needs adjusting or tinkered with.:p

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

@David are they doing ride alongs at these also?

This was in the email I received today for the event I am going to tomorrow.

View attachment 10218
There isn't a ride along included. They ask for your DL so that they can confirm who's getting the FordPass points. They do give everyone a chance to sit in the Bronco.

TCopp

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

The new Bronco, will so much modularity you can customize everything!*

*This does not include the engine.

Those turbos are under everything. I plan to tinker on this engine ASAP, but with all that nonsense in the way...Guess I'll just work from the bottom. The coyote engine bays are just so much more user friendly.

Ian Lacasse

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jul 19, 2020
Berlin, VT, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Lacasse
Member #

All of the fluid reservoirs are not at the front of the vehicle. Someone will be leaning over my "nice painted fenders" to put wiper fluid or other fluids in. :mad:

Anyone know the reason why they are not at the front of the vehicle?
Could be so if ur off roading n hit something by accident with the front corner u won’t break the washer fluid reservoir. I see it quite often in my line of work.