2.0 4 cyl availability in the Outer Banks edition

cfg7613
Jan 25, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 25, 2021

What are the chances that this powertrain option might be available in the OBX edition later this model year or for 2022? This would be my first choice in the various Bronco Sport. Think Ford did a good job on this reintroduction ( coming from a former Bronco II Eddie Bauer owner).

And front tow hook availability too in the OBX editions.
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

Not likely.

There are two front tow loops on all trims with the plastic front bumper.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 25, 2021

What are the chances that this powertrain option might be available in the OBX edition later this model year or for 2022? This would be my first choice in the various Bronco Sport. Think Ford did a good job on this reintroduction ( coming from a former Bronco II Eddie Bauer owner).

And front tow hook availability too in the OBX editions.
Ahhh, I was a little confused. This is posted in the big Bronco section and I think you are talking about the Bronco Sport. Maybe a moderator can put this in the Sport section.

I don't see them changing the engine for this year but who knows for MY22. Anything is possible.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank 0

Jan 25, 2021

Ahhh, I was a little confused. This is posted in the big Bronco section and I think you are talking about the Bronco Sport. Maybe a moderator can put this in the Sport section.

I don't see them changing the engine for this year but who knows for MY22. Anything is possible.
Oops = you're right - meant for the Sports
Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 25, 2021

2.0 not enough power

Rank IV

Jan 26, 2021

The 2.0L is only available in the Badlands right now. Going by past Ford history I wouldn't count on it moving down to other versions. In the Escape, the 2.0L used to be a standalone option you could get on lower trim levels. A few years ago it was tied to the Titanium only. I have a 2016 Escape SE with the 2.0L from when you could. The current trend seems to be to tie the powertrain upgrade with trim levels to reduce complexity. The Badlands is only $500 more than the OB so it's kind of a bargain to get the engine upgrade and upgraded AWD system. If I was buying a Bronco Sport I wouldn't even bother with any of the trims but Badlands.
Deano Bronc