Question about MIC Roof with Roof Rack

mobilesteve
Nov 11, 2020

Rank III

Nov 11, 2020

If I get the MIC Hard Top and I add the roof rack, does it come off with roof or does it stay on?
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2020

It needs to be removed independently when the roof comes off.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2020

Is it safe to assume Bronco bolts are utilized at all four corners? So a hex wrench should complete the install/removal task?

Rank III

Nov 11, 2020

Thanks for the info!

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

Is it safe to assume Bronco bolts are utilized at all four corners? So a hex wrench should complete the install/removal task?

There is an included tool for taking off the side feet. A better and more detailed description is coming but, for now, I’d say that the tools required will either be included or readily available. Also, the weight of the rack will be very manageable for most.
D190065, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

If I get the MIC Hard Top and I add the roof rack, does it come off with roof or does it stay on?

Also, just in case it isn’t clear. The front two panels of the MIC Top can come off without removing the back portion. However, the front two panels can’t stay on without the back. Front requires back, back doesn’t require front.
D190065, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Nov 12, 2020

Begs a question of how the light bar will be attached for those that add it to the pre-build. I image that will limit rack removal? Just something to think about when pre-ordering. No different than the winch. Unless Ford fixes the camera issue or offers realistic solutions, I may wait for aftermarket instead of including it on the pre-build.
~Danno
Bronco Nation# 212
First Edition, 2-Dr, Lightning Blue, Blk Seats, Tow Package (Res: 7/13)
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

Here are some looks at how the light bar will attach.

Attachments

BuzzyBud, D190065

Rank V

Nov 12, 2020

Here are some looks at how the light bar will attach.
So yes. I guess that sets limitations on removing the rack unless there is a quick disconnect. I think I'll go with the pod lights instead.
~Danno
Bronco Nation# 212
First Edition, 2-Dr, Lightning Blue, Blk Seats, Tow Package (Res: 7/13)
BuzzyBud