1Five1 Garage Big Bend Build

1Five1 Garage
Jan 02, 2022

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

I had posted some of this before in other places but sense there is a Build Space now I will add new update to this.

About three years ago my wife (girlfriend at the time) was diagnosed with cancer and the world around us came to a screeching halt. At the time we had a 1986 Bronco that we bought to work on together (yes she is a car girl). At that time she sold the bronco that she had the Bronco just a short time before to cover the bills that came with the cancer. During that time Ford announced that the Bronco was coming out again. And this is where the story starts.

During the worst time in her fight I promised to her 2 wishes come true. One, I promised Jill we would get a Bronco and to keep an eye on any information coming out about it. This gave her something to focus on other then the her slow deterioration to what I honestly though was going to take a turn for the worse. The second item was to do YouTube with working on the vehicle together. When the Bronco was revealed and reservations opened we stayed up all night until we got threw. What was our build? A Badlands, Sas, Lux, leather, tow, MIC in Cactus Grey.

So were does the big Bend come into play? Well, after trying our hands at getting a Black Diamond Soft and 2.7 only and still not successful at winning the Scheduled Built lottery. We drove to the nearest Ford dealership to test drive the Demo Badlands. This is were the Big Bend comes in. This 2.3, manual, soft, Carbonized Grey Big Bend was sitting there looking lonely. After we talked to the dealer we found out that the original customer declined to purchase it and there it sat. So we toke it for a drive. The minute we got it on the road we said we will take it.

This is when the first Bronco Build of 1Five1 Garage began. Jill is starting to be comfortable working of the Bronco more and will continue to get more involved with the builds.

As far as Jill, she is 100% cancer free after a long fight that took a lot out of her, as picture shows. We got married during her fight and are currently planning our honeymoon that has been postponed for 2 years due to recovery and covid. Where to, you might ask? Bronco Off-Roadeo of course, and side trip to Bonneville Salt Flats. By her request. I told you she was a car girl.

IMG_4181.jpg

As far as the Badlands and Black Diamond? to be continued:

IMG_9826.jpg

So far mods on the Big Bend. All mods will be links to a video of the install process.

Front Bumper From 4WP

Winch Mount From 4WP

Skid Plate From 4WP

Warn Winch

Warn Fairlead

Factor 55 Winch End

Painted the silver that shows through the grill.

Winch Kill Switch

RedLine Tuning Hood Struts

Cowl Light Mounts From Body Guard

Stubby Antenna

2" Rough Country Lift Spares
Front
Rear

KMC KM545 17x9 +18mm offset & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 315x70x17

Grab Handles from Race Tech

Bimini From Ford Accessories

Spare Tire Relocation Bracket From 4WP

Tailgate Table From Ford Accessories
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
pzaring, Aeon365
OBXBroncoGuy

Jan 02, 2022

Wow, I’ve been curious but not any more. Glad to hear Jill is going well. Looking forward to more crazy rides videos with you guys.
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, Mastertiger87

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

Wow, I’ve been curious but not any more. Glad to hear Jill is going well. Looking forward to more crazy rides videos with you guys.

That's the reason I work my ass off. Jill, even though she was fighting cancer, still worked a full time job (minus appointments and surgeries). Her 2 dreams/wishes was to get a Bronco to go travel/explore and to do you tube. So... here I am. Doing what I can to make her dreams come true.
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, ried

Rank I

Jan 02, 2022

God bless. I have some of your videos and hopefully you guys to continue to make them for years to come
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, ried

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

Great vids! Makes me realize how lazy I am as I have been saying I will do a Youtube page for 5 years now and never got around to it. Is it a lot of work?

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

Great vids! Makes me realize how lazy I am as I have been saying I will do a Youtube page for 5 years now and never got around to it. Is it a lot of work?

Actually it is a ton of work. but having fun with it is the key. Plus ever video we learn a little more on the process. editing, sound, thumbnails, titles etc... you learn a lot of what works and what doesn't.
Mal, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

Actually it is a ton of work. but having fun with it is the key. Plus ever video we learn a little more on the process. editing, sound, thumbnails, titles etc... you learn a lot of what works and what doesn't.

Are you using specific software, camera, editing program? I ask cause I like your setup. You two do a great job and make a good team! My wife digs the Bronco but is def not as bonkers as I am. I hear all the time... "Stop staring at that thing!"
Bronco 202?, Deano Bronc

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 02, 2022

I am so glad that someone above is watching over Jill, always praying for you two, that you and her may have many many years together living cancer free. I can only imagine the stress on you also helping her through one of the toughest times of your lives, we'll all keep praying for you two for years to come.
I am a late comer to the party, I reserved and ordered on 3/23/21.... however sometime after that I started watching YouTube videos of some issue's popping up, that is when I came across some of your video's. I believe some of the first ones I watched was you talking about Jill's recovery from cancer, and waiting to get your Bronco. The next couple of videos I watched was you getting your Big Bend and taking it through some mud "wasn't really that deep" but it did some damage to the skid plate (because it's plastic) and you and Kim changed the plate out and from that point forward I was hooked onto your videos, "thanks to your video" it was from that point I changed to a Modular Bumper so I wouldn't get a plastic skid plate. I Loved the looks of her Bronco Sport getting the PPF all around, that looked awesome. Anyways! I am just rambling here a little too long, keep up the good work on all the future videos, and good luck to the both of you, and that Kim remains forever cancer free.
Our thoughts and Prayers are with you two.
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
LR48, 14U

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 02, 2022

I am happy to hear of Jill's recovery. I have enjoyed your videos immensely; they're casual but focused on performing the task at hand, and helpful even when (perhaps more) things don't go perfectly. Just like life! So I would encourage everyone here to check them out, like and subscribe, because these two are a lot of fun to hang out with. Shame I'll miss you guys at the Moab Off-Roadeo by a couple of days. I'm attending the class on Friday, February 25th. In the meantime, I enjoy your contributions to the Bronco Nation forum and look forward to all of your YouTube videos. Take good care and Happy New Year!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bronco 202?, BroncOitis

Rank VI

Jan 02, 2022

It’s funny for me I’m much older now and I enjoy YouTube much more than regular TV. Almost every thing I watch on YouTube is about cars , guns, or something I think I want to buy.
Your hard work is enjoyed and you help me learn, what more could anyone ask . I hope you and Jill has healthy and happy life together.

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

It’s funny for me I’m much older now and I enjoy YouTube much more than regular TV. Almost every thing I watch on YouTube is about cars , guns, or something I think I want to buy.
Your hard work is enjoyed and you help me learn, what more could anyone ask . I hope you and Jill has healthy and happy life together.

I canceled my TV and strictly watch YouTube and Amazon Prime. I really don't sit down for long. I am always looking for info on making our videos better, parts for the Broncos, or places to take them this year. Thanks, we having a blast and enjoy working with each other on the cars.
Mal, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

I am really starting to appreciate the Youtube system as well. It is like you can kinda get to know someone and follow what they are doing. If you follow and watch folks long enough you actually feel like you have befriended them. I love youtube channels like Vice Grip Garage and 1FIVE1 and many others!

VGG's vids really bring me back to when I was a teen in the Eighties, wrenching junkers that were just part of everyday life back when. Many of those cars are just gone nowadays!

I remember once while down in Florida, visiting and driving with my mom a few years before she passed, her noting how all the cars on the roads are new today.

I hadn't thought of it until she mentioned it, but it is so true. Take a look on the roads today, in only a decade we have gone from seeing clunkers and jalopies more than often to it being more like spotting bigfoot when you see one on the highway or a side road today.

The odd thing is prices for cars have gone through the roof... yet everyone has a new one. Hard to figure.

Anyway, I know I just rambled all over the place, but I guess what I am saying is that we are living through a lot of awkward but cool changes in the past few years. There is little you can do about it, but we, as a country have shifted so much, and not all in good ways of course!
1Five1 Garage, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

I had posted some of this before in other places but sense there is a Build Space now I will add new update to this.

About three years ago my wife (girlfriend at the time) was diagnosed with cancer and the world around us came to a screeching halt. At the time we had a 1986 Bronco that we bought to work on together (yes she is a car girl). At that time she sold the bronco that she had the Bronco just a short time before to cover the bills that came with the cancer. During that time Ford announced that the Bronco was coming out again. And this is where the story starts.

During the worst time in her fight I promised to her 2 wishes come true. One, I promised Jill we would get a Bronco and to keep an eye on any information coming out about it. This gave her something to focus on other then the her slow deterioration to what I honestly though was going to take a turn for the worse. The second item was to do YouTube with working on the vehicle together. When the Bronco was revealed and reservations opened we stayed up all night until we got threw. What was our build? A Badlands, Sas, Lux, leather, tow, MIC in Cactus Grey.

So were does the big Bend come into play? Well, after trying our hands at getting a Black Diamond Soft and 2.7 only and still not successful at winning the Scheduled Built lottery. We drove to the nearest Ford dealership to test drive the Demo Badlands. This is were the Big Bend comes in. This 2.3, manual, soft, Carbonized Grey Big Bend was sitting there looking lonely. After we talked to the dealer we found out that the original customer declined to purchase it and there it sat. So we toke it for a drive. The minute we got it on the road we said we will take it.

This is when the first Bronco Build of 1Five1 Garage began. Jill is starting to be comfortable working of the Bronco more and will continue to get more involved with the builds.

As far as Jill, she is 100% cancer free after a long fight that took a lot out of her, as picture shows. We got married during her fight and are currently planning our honeymoon that has been postponed for 2 years due to recovery and covid. Where to, you might ask? Bronco Off-Roadeo of course, and side trip to Bonneville Salt Flats. By her request. I told you she was a car girl.

View attachment 25195

As far as the Badlands and Black Diamond? to be continued:

View attachment 25196

So far mods on the Big Bend. All mods will be links to a video of the install process.

Front Bumper From 4WP

Winch Mount From 4WP

Skid Plate From 4WP

Warn Winch

Warn Fairlead

Factor 55 Winch End

Painted the silver that shows through the grill.

Winch Kill Switch

RedLine Tuning Hood Struts

Cowl Light Mounts From Body Guard

Stubby Antenna

2" Rough Country Lift Spares
Front
Rear

KMC KM545 17x9 +18mm offset & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 315x70x17

Grab Handles from Race Tech

Bimini From Ford Accessories

Spare Tire Relocation Bracket From 4WP

Tailgate Table From Ford Accessories
Glad to hear she's doing well. Wish you guys all the best!
2021 Big Bend / 4 Dr / Antimatter Blue / Soft Top / Manual
Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21
1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Jan 05, 2022

2021 BRONCO GETS SOME COWL MOUNTED LIGHTS FROM KC HILITES. LET THERE BE LIGHT...

Whether you are ready to light up the trails for a late-night run or the mall parking lots for the early morning shopping adventure, KC Hilites is there for you. These Gravity LED Pro6 Spotlights were nearly melting the paint on the door of the house at the end of the road. (Sorry to the neighbor)

These are 6” cowl mounted spotlights from KC HiLites were attached to the cowl bracket from Bodyguard and wired directly in using supplied hardware and diagram. We have to say these are the first set of many that will be installed on this Bronco. We were extremely happy with the outcome. We can only imagine what it will be like with the set of 6 roof mounted and a pair of bull bar mounted lights that will add to the brightness.

KC Lites have been around a long time and everybody knows them, which was the deciding factor of us getting them. Their designs mixed new tech with old school look. Plus, the options are numerous which is great.

Please like, subscribe, hit the bell, leave a comment, and share. Thanks for watching!

IMG_8076.jpg IMG_8078 (1).jpg

the lights are aimed down a little to not piss of the neighbors too bad.
Giuseppe, Mal

Rank V

Jan 05, 2022

2021 BRONCO GETS SOME COWL MOUNTED LIGHTS FROM KC HILITES. LET THERE BE LIGHT...

Whether you are ready to light up the trails for a late-night run or the mall parking lots for the early morning shopping adventure, KC Hilites is there for you. These Gravity LED Pro6 Spotlights were nearly melting the paint on the door of the house at the end of the road. (Sorry to the neighbor)

These are 6” cowl mounted spotlights from KC HiLites were attached to the cowl bracket from Bodyguard and wired directly in using supplied hardware and diagram. We have to say these are the first set of many that will be installed on this Bronco. We were extremely happy with the outcome. We can only imagine what it will be like with the set of 6 roof mounted and a pair of bull bar mounted lights that will add to the brightness.

KC Lites have been around a long time and everybody knows them, which was the deciding factor of us getting them. Their designs mixed new tech with old school look. Plus, the options are numerous which is great.

Please like, subscribe, hit the bell, leave a comment, and share. Thanks for watching!

View attachment 25371 View attachment 25372

the lights are aimed down a little to not piss of the neighbors too bad.

Looking great! Alotta light! I find the trouble with my Hellas is that I dig the look of my covers so much that I leave them on when I drive around!
Pork
Giuseppe, 1Five1 Garage

Libations MOD

Jan 06, 2022

Looks awesome!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
1Five1 Garage

Trusted and Carefree

Jan 06, 2022

Liked this one quite a bit. Between this one, and the switch video, im very pleased I orderd the upfitter switches. Looks like that is going to save a bunch of work.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Deano Bronc, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Jan 26, 2022

2021 BRONCO GETS ANOTHER SET OF KC HILITES VIA FOG LIGHT SWITCH. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Stock fog lights not up to par? We got you! KC Hi Lites will brighten any path you take, road you travel, and unfortunately, blind anyone & anything looking directly at them.

When we removed the stock lights, we kept the original wiring harness. This is important for our install because we ended up wiring up the KC harness to the stock harness and was able to use the original switch in the car. No faults were tripped, no codes were lit up on the dash - why - because we went into the stock harness.

We mounted the lights to the bull bar using clamps we got off Amazon (link insert here) and even though China has a reputation of having cheap quality stuff, this was actually pretty good. We bolted them on, wired them up (we wrapped the whole harness we made with electrical tape, then did a covering with the netting, to make it appear factory. We zip tied the wires to the bar, tucked it under the winch, and zip tied the harness along the inside of the bumper and plugged the STOCK pigtail into its ORIGINAL plug.
BroncOitis

Rank V

Jan 29, 2022

50" KC Pro6 LED light bar...

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg
BroncOitis

Rank V

Jan 31, 2022

OUR BRONCO GETS A 50" KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR WITH THE HELP OF SOME BAMF BRACKETS.

Do you need more light as you blaze the trails in the dark with the Bronco? Or do you just simply like the looks of a light bar on top of your Bronco, that may live too far from any trails? Or do you just want to see a miniature sun on Earth? Well KC HiLites Pro 2 Gravity 6 got you covered … AGAIN! So grab a friend because this bar of mini suns is NOT light (no pun intended).

We got 8 - 6 inch round lights on the bar. You can give the bar a slight curvature to follow the windshield or a straight look. We chose the curve just because we thought it looked a lot better. See links down below if you want to look at the light system.

The brackets we got are metal. Please take care when installing these as to not drop on the windshield or dent your frame of the glass. The brackets are excellent quality and made by Bay Area Manufacturing Group. Shawn got two sets so we can do a light system on the Black Diamond. See link down below to look at this product.

As we do, we ALWAYS plug them in first to make sure they work 1) and if there’s an issue, it’s A LOT easier to track them down then than later when it’s all wired in and you’re scratching your head wondering what you did to the system.

We will not be wiring it with the rat’s nest of wires we have. We like to keep it as clean and tidy as possible. If any of you guys have ever worked with any wiring of any sorts, you know exactly what a pain it can be when it’s just thrown together. It’s a mess. And it’s a frustrating nightmare to deal with. We are going to avoid that at all costs.

So take your time, be patient, and it’ll turn out great in the end.

KC HiLites
https://www.kchilites.com/gravity-reg-led-pro6-8-light-50-universal-combo-led-light-bar-91308.html
Bay Area Metal Fabrication Brackets
https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-BRONCO-KC-50-Pro6-Gravity®-LED--8-Mounting-brackets_p_174.html
As always, we appreciate you taking time out of your day to watch us add more lights to the vehicle. We will wire them in on a later video. Please consider subscribing if you have not done so yet. Hit the thumbs up if you liked the video. Drop a comment down below. We are open to suggestions. We do have things coming up for the sport, so please just be patient. Make sure to click the bell icon. We post videos Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at 5:30 pm.

For sneak peeks, follow us on Instagram as well as our website: www.1five1garage.com and you can reach out to us there too.

Thank you again and stay safe & healthy!
Mal