The Ford Store Morgan Hill - Markup Clarification

Broncosaurus
Jan 15, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 15, 2022

Hello Bronconation,

I found it necessary to make this post to remedy an unfortunate situation I caused this week. My previous post(can’t link)was deleted for trolling or I would correct it.(is it still searchable if it’s deleted?)

I believe the post shows the dealership is amazing and willing to come on here to correct inaccurate accusations. While I may have damaged the dealership’s reputation, anyone who goes through the previous post will realize the dealership is amazing and willing to go above and beyond to defend the reputation they worked so hard to build.

I have zero explanation for my incorrect accusation of The Ford Store Morgan Hill marking up my Bronco $4,500.00. My only explanation is their markup was $450.00 and I must have misplaced the decimals. During my test drive my salesman mentioned a “forty-five hundred ” markup. Maybe I heard this wrong, maybe he meant to say “four-hundred fifty”. Then while coming up with monthly payments I recall or so I thought I remembered the paperwork showing the equity from my Wrangler($3,500) all going towards the$4,500 markup. I argued with the salesman,Ken, about this because there wasn’t supposed to be a markup and I was planning on using my equity as a downpayment. I don’t have a copy of this paperwork and I don’t know is the dealership does. I recall having $1,000 left on the markup and not a surplus of $3,500 minus $450 towards a downpayment. However I clearly must have created this false memory or misunderstood what I was looking at. I really don’t have any logical explanation for my mistake.

after reviewing my paperwork I can find absolutely no evidence of me paying a $4,500.00 markup and my trade in equity going towards a downpayment. I honestly have no idea how I got this so wrong.

I never meant to damage the reputation or integrity of The Ford Store Morgan Hill. I should have redacted them from my post before speaking to the dealership. I was in the heat of the moment and made an emotional post without letting myself cool down. I also should have spoken to the dealership before posting but I have a tendency to assume and expect the worst so I was preplanning for a situation I thought was inevitable. I even spoke to an auto fraud attorney and consumer protection attorney, that’s how convinced I was of this markup. The attorneys would have had a field day with this one and probably won’t have turned the tables on me.

I do appreciate the support of my fellow Bronco Enthusiasts. You all had my back. Unfortunately I mislead you all. This community is amazing and I apologize for getting the pitchforks out when I’m reality I was the monster, not the dealership. If you can, please leave this dealership a 5 star review. They deserve is after what I put them through. Use that same pitchfork enthusiasm but direct it positively towards The Ford Store Morgan Hill.

the VP of this dealership, Ashely, even came on here to defend their reputation with receipts! How many dealerships do you know that would do that? Not many! While originally you may not have wanted to do business with this dealership, I hope their professional responses change your opinion and you switch dealerships!

This was me being just being a huge dumbass who apparently creates false memories in my head, is dyslexic, and taken one too many psychedelics(or not enough). Again I really don’t have an explanation as to how I was so wrong. But I know I have to try and correct my mistake.

I came on here looking for answers. I never intended to damage the reputation of this dealership(unless that had marked up). If my intention was to slander the dealership I would have asked this community to take action. I would have taken more action and posted to my YouTube(500k subscribers) my Bronco IG Fan Page(30k followers) and my personal page (13k followers). That’s not asking for a thank you for not doing that, it’s my proof that if I was trying to directly attack this dealership and ruin their reputation I could have and would have done so. I simply was on here trying to get advice from others who I thought had been in my situation.

Also I did read all the replies to my previous post today. Just to defend myself on here: I’m not a troll. I’ve only just got my Bronco so I’m not sure why having 3 previous post before makes me a troll. I also have a 50 hour workweek, do dialysis 7 hours everyday, run a big YouTube and IG page, so I’m not checking this forum everyday. I also haven’t received any emails that there were responses in my previous post so I never bothered to check it until today when I went to fix it. I was also still communicating with the dealerships trying to figure out why I was wrong. I only learned of this yesterday which is why I’m posting this today. I never meant to come across as trolling and didn’t realize my last post picked up so much traction.

Despite my erroneous and slanderous remarks the dealership, Louie, and Ashley have treated me with nothing but respect. Please take a few minutes to give them a great reveiw and make up for the defamation I have caused.

I’m sure you’ve all made a rash emotional decision that you’ve regretted that has affected others. It’s part of being human. I will learn from this situation and become better. I’m not asking for sympathy, I don’t deserve it. I’m asking for understanding that my intent was never meant to troll or hurt the dealership. I don’t care about getting trashed on the forums or called out but I do care about affecting someone’s livelyhood and business that has taken years to establish. So to Ashley, Louie, Kenneth, and the entire Ford Store Morgan Hill; My deepest apologies.I know I can’t rebuild the bridge I burned but hopefully I can repair the other bridges I lit on fire.

I’m open to any suggestions anyone here has on how to remedy the situation.

-Trevor
BroncOitis, CaliKAP
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 15, 2022

that takes a big man to admit!
BroncOitis, Darrel

Rank 0

Jan 15, 2022

that takes a big man to admit!
Thank you, it is the right thing to do. Wish I didn’t put myself in this situation in the first place but alas. Hoping the damage I did is reversible.
BroncOitis, Darrel

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2022

Glad you could own up to it. Not many wuld do that. Everyone makes mistakes. We are all human.
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
BroncOitis, Darrel

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 15, 2022

I admire your candor and applaud your effort to set things right. As @jamtra said, we're all human and prone to losing our cool when we feel we've been wronged. I hope everything works out for the best for everyone involved.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
CaliKAP, BroncOitis

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 18, 2022

Hello Bronconation,

I found it necessary to make this post to remedy an unfortunate situation I caused this week. My previous post(can’t link)was deleted for trolling or I would correct it.(is it still searchable if it’s deleted?)

I believe the post shows the dealership is amazing and willing to come on here to correct inaccurate accusations. While I may have damaged the dealership’s reputation, anyone who goes through the previous post will realize the dealership is amazing and willing to go above and beyond to defend the reputation they worked so hard to build.

I have zero explanation for my incorrect accusation of The Ford Store Morgan Hill marking up my Bronco $4,500.00. My only explanation is their markup was $450.00 and I must have misplaced the decimals. During my test drive my salesman mentioned a “forty-five hundred ” markup. Maybe I heard this wrong, maybe he meant to say “four-hundred fifty”. Then while coming up with monthly payments I recall or so I thought I remembered the paperwork showing the equity from my Wrangler($3,500) all going towards the$4,500 markup. I argued with the salesman,Ken, about this because there wasn’t supposed to be a markup and I was planning on using my equity as a downpayment. I don’t have a copy of this paperwork and I don’t know is the dealership does. I recall having $1,000 left on the markup and not a surplus of $3,500 minus $450 towards a downpayment. However I clearly must have created this false memory or misunderstood what I was looking at. I really don’t have any logical explanation for my mistake.

after reviewing my paperwork I can find absolutely no evidence of me paying a $4,500.00 markup and my trade in equity going towards a downpayment. I honestly have no idea how I got this so wrong.

I never meant to damage the reputation or integrity of The Ford Store Morgan Hill. I should have redacted them from my post before speaking to the dealership. I was in the heat of the moment and made an emotional post without letting myself cool down. I also should have spoken to the dealership before posting but I have a tendency to assume and expect the worst so I was preplanning for a situation I thought was inevitable. I even spoke to an auto fraud attorney and consumer protection attorney, that’s how convinced I was of this markup. The attorneys would have had a field day with this one and probably won’t have turned the tables on me.

I do appreciate the support of my fellow Bronco Enthusiasts. You all had my back. Unfortunately I mislead you all. This community is amazing and I apologize for getting the pitchforks out when I’m reality I was the monster, not the dealership. If you can, please leave this dealership a 5 star review. They deserve is after what I put them through. Use that same pitchfork enthusiasm but direct it positively towards The Ford Store Morgan Hill.

the VP of this dealership, Ashely, even came on here to defend their reputation with receipts! How many dealerships do you know that would do that? Not many! While originally you may not have wanted to do business with this dealership, I hope their professional responses change your opinion and you switch dealerships!

This was me being just being a huge dumbass who apparently creates false memories in my head, is dyslexic, and taken one too many psychedelics(or not enough). Again I really don’t have an explanation as to how I was so wrong. But I know I have to try and correct my mistake.

I came on here looking for answers. I never intended to damage the reputation of this dealership(unless that had marked up). If my intention was to slander the dealership I would have asked this community to take action. I would have taken more action and posted to my YouTube(500k subscribers) my Bronco IG Fan Page(30k followers) and my personal page (13k followers). That’s not asking for a thank you for not doing that, it’s my proof that if I was trying to directly attack this dealership and ruin their reputation I could have and would have done so. I simply was on here trying to get advice from others who I thought had been in my situation.

Also I did read all the replies to my previous post today. Just to defend myself on here: I’m not a troll. I’ve only just got my Bronco so I’m not sure why having 3 previous post before makes me a troll. I also have a 50 hour workweek, do dialysis 7 hours everyday, run a big YouTube and IG page, so I’m not checking this forum everyday. I also haven’t received any emails that there were responses in my previous post so I never bothered to check it until today when I went to fix it. I was also still communicating with the dealerships trying to figure out why I was wrong. I only learned of this yesterday which is why I’m posting this today. I never meant to come across as trolling and didn’t realize my last post picked up so much traction.

Despite my erroneous and slanderous remarks the dealership, Louie, and Ashley have treated me with nothing but respect. Please take a few minutes to give them a great reveiw and make up for the defamation I have caused.

I’m sure you’ve all made a rash emotional decision that you’ve regretted that has affected others. It’s part of being human. I will learn from this situation and become better. I’m not asking for sympathy, I don’t deserve it. I’m asking for understanding that my intent was never meant to troll or hurt the dealership. I don’t care about getting trashed on the forums or called out but I do care about affecting someone’s livelyhood and business that has taken years to establish. So to Ashley, Louie, Kenneth, and the entire Ford Store Morgan Hill; My deepest apologies.I know I can’t rebuild the bridge I burned but hopefully I can repair the other bridges I lit on fire.

-Trevor
Thank you very much for coming on here and trying to make things right. I doubt many on here couldn't come up with a few occasions when they didn't jump the gun and wish they had a mulligan to do things differently.
I'm glad that everything turned out. You and @avalletta made the best out of an awkward situation and got the deal done.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BroncOitis, TK1215

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 18, 2022

Hello Bronconation,

-Trevor
Just me again, just to let you know it has not been deleted it is right here if you need it to save the link....
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/ford-store-morgan-hill-no-markup.8975/unread
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2022

The folks that called you a troll did the same thing you did; they made a mistake, misjudged the situation, jumped to conclusions and lost their cool. The thing you did though was apologize, which is a real standup thing to do. The folks that called you a troll, or treated you that way, could learn something. Kudos to you.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Deano Bronc, BroncOitis

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 18, 2022

Hello Bronconation,

-Trevor
Welcome back Trevor! Don't ever think that your not welcome here or people look down on you for what happened, we're all human and we all make mistakes, you are always more than welcome here. I don't know if you ever saw the end of the Thread with the last couple of pages, but I would have to say that there were a lot of lessons learned that day. I am glad you are back on this Forum, I was getting worried because I haven't seen you in a little while and I didn't want you to ever think that your not welcome here like I said. The Dealership will be ok, there was only one member on here that flipped out and posted a negative review at The Ford Store Morgan Hill and since then he deleted it, "I checked" I went over to their site and I dropped a five star on them and I got a response from them they liked the post. Now my turn!
I don't think I said this from that Thread you originally posted but I would like to apologize to you for even following someone on that Thread that thought you were a troll and playing along with it, you actually surprised me for sure when you finally came back on and filled us in with all the new information you gave us. Ashley did get on that thread and explained everything, towards the end of most of her conversations she sounded like she was relieved that all of us banded together to help her Store out. In my honest opinion I don't believe it hurt The Ford Store at Morgan Hill that much if at all, there was only a few of us on that thread those couple of days and only one person posted anything negative and that was only for 1 day. I would say that the Thread helped them out because now everyone knows for sure there are no ADMs from that Dealership, and they have received a couple of 5 stars from us just to make sure no hard feelings.
I would just have to say to you Trevor don't beat yourself up over this, I think like I said that this probably helped them in the long run knowing that all of us here know they don't charge above MSRP. I'm sure a couple of us will be heading there knowing what we know about The Ford Store at Morgan Hill........

Welcome back @Broncosaurus .....

Don't be a stranger!!!
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Darrel, Deano Bronc