1977 bronco front springs

germanshorthairs77ranger
Aug 28, 2021

Rank 0

Aug 28, 2021

hello all-
I have an uncut 1977 bronco ranger with factory suspension. it has a great stance with BFG 33" KM3's on original steel wheels with hubcaps. Bronco has 2" body lift ( installed by previous owner ). Bronco sits 1.5" low in front when factory hardtop is removed. Any suggestions on front coil springs to help level the front? Bronco rides and drives/ handles great and I don't want to stiffen the ride if I can avoid it. Any ideas or experience with maybe older F100 coils or any ideas?

Thx in advance- Scott

Attachments

No Ragerts

Aug 28, 2021

hello all-
I have an uncut 1977 bronco ranger with factory suspension. it has a great stance with BFG 33" KM3's on original steel wheels with hubcaps. Bronco has 2" body lift ( installed by previous owner ). Bronco sits 1.5" low in front when factory hardtop is removed. Any suggestions on front coil springs to help level the front? Bronco rides and drives/ handles great and I don't want to stiffen the ride if I can avoid it. Any ideas or experience with maybe older F100 coils or any ideas?

Thx in advance- Scott
No experience with a 77 Bronco but since the lift was performed by the previous owner, you likely don’t know the specifications of the existing springs so, the most simple solution would be a 1.5” coil spring spacer to bring your rig level.

Oh, and welcome to BN!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank 0

Aug 28, 2021

No experience with a 77 Bronco but since the lift was performed by the previous owner, you likely don’t know the specifications of the existing springs so, the most simple solution would be a 1.5” coil spring spacer to bring your rig level.

Oh, and welcome to BN!
Thank you very much. I did install 1.5" rubber coil spacers that were off of the shelf at Auto Zone ( cheap $11.00 ). I don't like the idea of spacers in general if I can replace the coils at some point. The cheap spacers that I bought ended up cracking and breaking out in a matter of 1 week or so. I may end up removing body lift, as I have never been a fan of a body lift, and installing a full suspension lift. I thought about an adjustable coilover so that I could adjust up and down whenever I removed hard top. I am trying for a real level look. I appreciate the input!
Bschurr

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

Your always going to be chasing your tail. If you like the stance with the top on, I would get something that weighs the same(ballast) and keep that in the back with tge top off.