2.7 dropped valve

charr124
Oct 21, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 21, 2021

badlands with 2.7 is currently at the dealer with a dropped valve, they said their waiting on ford but believe ford will be sending a new long block because the vehicle only has 1500 miles on it. anyone else with the same issue, how did ford handle it, how long did it take and did ford extend your warranty or make any payments while it was down? I'm hearing this could take 2 to 3 months to get the new engine but could be out as far as 6 months.
Lucchese, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Oct 21, 2021

Wow what dealership? Would love to see pictures of the internals
KennyMac

Rank 0

Oct 21, 2021

The good news is that when I had a 2.7 issue at 9,000 miles and again at 18,000 miles Ford took care of it.

The bad news is the first time they had to replace two warped cylinder heads, two to three weeks from start to finish. The second time Ford bought back my 2016 F-150 and gave me a solid deal on replacing it with a 2019. I changed to the 5.0 when that happened, but everyone else I know with the engine loves it and has been issue free.

Received a rental car day two for both issues and they covered towing.
Bike007b

Life is a Highway

Oct 21, 2021

I remember all the problems that were being reported with the 5.0 engines in 2018. I guess I was lucky with mine

Rank 0

Oct 21, 2021

this is the only picture so far. Sounds like the dealer will be getting the bronco back on the hoist in the next couple days and start pulling the motor. Hopefully they will have a solid plan with timing early next week

Attachments

Lucchese, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 21, 2021

this is the only picture so far. Sounds like the dealer will be getting the bronco back on the hoist in the next couple days and start pulling the motor. Hopefully they will have a solid plan with timing early next week
Yeah, unhappy things have happened in that cylinder...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
redvettx2, AcesandEights

Rank V

Oct 21, 2021

I hope the dealer is taking care of you in the meantime. Maybe a Mach-E GT rental?
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door. Delivered on 10/1/2021
Bike007b, KennyMac

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2021

Suggest they swap the engine with their mannequin, unless it’s already sold :cool:
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Oct 22, 2021

Ouch

Rank V

Oct 22, 2021

One of these pistons is not like the others...
2013-07-05 13.59.13.jpg
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Dec 13, 2021

Have you gotten you Bronco back yet? How was the repair process? Ours is in now and going to be needing a new long block.

Attachments

KennyMac, Deano Bronc