Hard Top Build

HuffDaddy
Oct 15, 2021

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

I decided to just wait and build a 22' which I did yesterday. I was was happy to see it lets you build with a paint-matched top so I built my bad-ass 4 door Badlands and went by and talked to my dealer. He shot me down pretty hard and told me even though it lets you build it with the hard top, my order would have no chance of shipping that way until 23'. This top deal is insane. At this point, I am just going to wait and see what the Raptor version looks like. Maybe if I build a Raptor, I somehow move up in line for whatever hard top that model has? No way I am settling for something other than exactly what I want!
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2021

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

Painted hardtops are only available with the MOD top, which will not be released until MY23. The Raptor will be extremely limited production and you'd likely have to enter an auction to get one, I'd expect to pay $25k+ above sticker.

That said, if you really want a painted top and have an early 2020 Day 1-3 reservation you can get a hard top in MY22 and pay $1-3k to get it vinyl wrapped in your color of choice. Not exactly paint but it would get the job done. The other alternative would be to go for a soft top to get it faster and wait for an aftermarket painted top to come out, but I don't think anyone has a timeline on that.
2DR CO FE
Deano Bronc, hkbooner
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 15, 2021

Yeah, I'm glad the dealer alerted you to the painted tops not coming until MY23!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
hkbooner