Question about Outer Banks Fender Flares

GemmyD63
Feb 03, 2021

Rank 0

Feb 03, 2021

Hey everyone! I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I need some advice.

I've ordered a 4 door Outer Banks in Area 51 (non-Sasquatch). We all know OB comes with the painted fender flares, but I don't think I'm gonna be a fan of them. If I want to switch them out to the gray fender flares like every other trim (that doesn't have Sasquatch), should I just buy them in gray or paint/wrap my existing flares? I think I'd also like to wrap the door handles to the MIC color or whatever color the flares are. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to get my Bronco, I'm beyond excited like everyone else. Have a good day!

Dan
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 03, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 03, 2021

If you paint/wrap them they won't be the textured plastic like the MIC top. I would just wait and get some aftermarket flares.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306

Rank IV

Feb 03, 2021

Hey everyone! I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I need some advice.

I've ordered a 4 door Outer Banks in Area 51 (non-Sasquatch). We all know OB comes with the painted fender flares, but I don't think I'm gonna be a fan of them. If I want to switch them out to the gray fender flares like every other trim (that doesn't have Sasquatch), should I just buy them in gray or paint/wrap my existing flares? I think I'd also like to wrap the door handles to the MIC color or whatever color the flares are. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to get my Bronco, I'm beyond excited like everyone else. Have a good day!

Dan
The video I saw for SEMA and a BN video I believe shows the fender flairs are easy to pull off. With that, I would assume there will be aftermarket or Ford Accessories you can purchase and swap out. Just like the front fenders and rear quarter panels can be easily removed with a few bolts.

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 03, 2021

Dan
If I were you, I would trade them with someone that likes the painted flares. A51 is going to be a very popular color so I don't think it will be an issue finding someone.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Rydfree, Gutter Clown