Iconic Silver Thread

vintage
Nov 26, 2020

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2020

In my long quest for the perfect Bronco color, I find myself constantly going back to Iconic Silver. For months all I thought about was Cactus Gray, primarily because I reserved a FE and it was the only color I liked in the line up.. Navy Pier has forced me to switch to Wildtrak, but has also opened my eyes to the full exterior color line. At first Carbonized Gray was my first pic. As much as I love this color, I wasn't 100% sold on it. Knowing that I can't keep my vehicles clean, Carb Gray would always look dirty. After a few trips to the local dealer, Iconic Silver has not only landed on my radar, it's made it to the top of the list. To me Iconic Silver is one of those classic colors that will never go out of style and it's a color that always looks fantastic even when dirty.. Below are pics from dealer and online that brought me to my Iconic Silver decision .

bronc-1583781746.png2-door 2021-Bronco Factory Production Line Plant.jpg2021-Ford-Bronco-Wildtrak-Four-Door-Iconic-Silver-Graphics-Package-001~2.jpgIS4.PNG2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Iconic-SilverBronco6G.com.jpgvehicle (3).jpeg6595220_07249_VA_image-1.jpg2020-Shelby-GT500.jpg20201123_094919.jpgpassenger_front_34-10-1225x815.jpg
CraigB, Cooknn

Rank VI

Nov 26, 2020

Nice! Tell us more! Will you be buying a 2 door or 4 door? If 4 door, soft top or MIC or Shadow Black? Leather? Inquiring minds need to know this stuff! :)

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2020

Nice! Tell us more! Will you be buying a 2 door or 4 door? If 4 door, soft top or MIC or Shadow Black? Leather? Inquiring minds need to know this stuff! :)
I'll definitely be going 4 door as I need the extra cargo space. Wildtrak is my model of choice as I don't prefer the Navy Pier on the FE. I'm digging the Sandstone/Black leather, so going that route. I have decided to wait for the late avaiability Black MOD hardtop, as I really like the Silver and Black contrast, plus it'll match nicely with the Wildtrak Black rims, Grille, mirrors and decals. I've also decided to add steel bumpers, Safari bar and luxury package. Building out a fully loaded Wildtrak still puts me at $3000 less than a FE, so my wallet is happy. I'm very excited to start the ordering process. I reserved the first night so the late avaiability Black Mod top will have me waiting a little longer than expected, but in the end I'm getting exactly what I want.
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2020

Interested to know your build.

Rank VI

Nov 26, 2020

Interested to know your build.

I plan to buy a 2 door Badlands in Carb Gray with MIC top. It will be built with Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7L, tow, roof rails, floor mats, headliner. Aftermarket will pick up the on-board air compressor, Maxtrax, lights, winch, roof rack, and attachments for Rotopax, shovel, Maxtrax.

CG Badlands 2.jpg

My build is purposely designed for towing an Overkill TK47 for adventure travel/camping.

TK 47.jpeg

If all goes well, the Bronco order will be completed on December 9. Then on December 10 discussions begin on the TK47 build. I needed to nail down the “horse before the cart” since the TK47 will be wrapped in a color like Carb Gray (3M 1080-S261 Satin Dark Gray). It will also have the same Goodyear 35s and hopefully the same or similar wheels. Need to get out and enjoy the outdoors in my Bronco! :)
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2020

I plan to buy a 2 door Badlands in Carb Gray with MIC top. It will be built with Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7L, tow, roof rails, floor mats, headliner. Aftermarket will pick up the on-board air compressor, Maxtrax, lights, winch, roof rack, and attachments for Rotopax, shovel, Maxtrax.

View attachment 5902

My build is purposely designed for towing an Overkill TK47 for adventure travel/camping.

View attachment 5903

If all goes well, the Bronco order will be completed on December 9. Then on December 10 discussions begin on the TK47 build. I needed to nail down the “horse before the cart” since the TK47 will be wrapped in a color like Carb Gray (3M 1080-S261 Satin Dark Gray). It will also have the same Goodyear 35s and hopefully the same or similar wheels. Need to get out and enjoy the outdoors in my Bronco! :)
Awesome build, loving the camper. Carbonized Gray and Iconic Silver are my favorite colors, can't go wrong with either, IMO. I'm 80% Iconic Silver and 20% Carbonized Gray, this week. Last week was 80% Carb, 20% Iconic. Last week favorite pics.. Lol
Cg2.PNG125464484_204151684419057_8530044250938682581_n.jpgc2a0a2d80dd7b16850168ef9b5d419da.jpgFord-Explorer-ST-1.jpg
images (4).jpeg
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

Nov 27, 2020

I went to my LFD dealership last week and looked at some of the colors there. Oxford White, Iconic Silver, Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue. Its a toss up between Iconic Silver and Oxford White. I "was" going to wait for the painted black modular hardtop. I decided to go with the MIC top and if its not dark enough, I will have it wrapped. Even if I have it wrapped, it will still be cheaper than the painted black modular hardtop.

Now the BIG decision. Oxford White or Iconic Silver. Both need a BLACK top to look good!
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Nov 28, 2020

I went to my LFD dealership last week and looked at some of the colors there. Oxford White, Iconic Silver, Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue. Its a toss up between Iconic Silver and Oxford White. I "was" going to wait for the painted black modular hardtop. I decided to go with the MIC top and if its not dark enough, I will have it wrapped. Even if I have it wrapped, it will still be cheaper than the painted black modular hardtop.

Now the BIG decision. Oxford White or Iconic Silver. Both need a BLACK top to look good!
You and I are in the same boat! I was all over A51 and finally reached the conclusion I may not like that color after a few years. I'm going with Iconic Silver over Oxford White and I agree it needs a black top. I'm also likely getting a Big Bend trim which has a gray grill and I'll need to change that to black as well. Good luck!
vintage, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 14, 2022

I just attended the Off-Roadeo event in Nevada this weekend and saw the Iconic Silver and my mind was instantly made up. Now I'm trying to figure out wheels. The photos you have on the top has silver and black rims. Do you know where those wheels came from? Also, the WildTrak photo has the wheels with beadlocks covering the entire wheel but then the photo below shows the beadlocks in pairs. They both appear to be Ford options but they must not be on the Black Diamond? What looks best with Iconic Silver in your opinion>

Rank V

Mar 14, 2022

I’ve opted for the iconic silver on my two door, seven speed manual. I picked that color because I like the contrast of the silver against the black trim. Of all the colors that show off the contrast, I think the silver does it better than any of them.

Your results may vary.
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22