Stop the hate! The Bronco is back!!!

D190065
Nov 18, 2020

Rank V

Nov 18, 2020

Not really sure where I should post this thread (will likely post in B6G too), but.... As much as I might be upset with my Ford Bronco First Edition options… (or any other model), the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn! I imagine there are going to be issues, whether it’s color packages, trim levels, options, etc… Ford will get it right down the road, as long as the Bronco line continues and we keep talking. This model/style ended in 1977! How many of you were… (I’m old). I don’t think Ford will get this 100% to everyone’s satisfaction the first time out, but it’s back! The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right! Ordering starts next month! Let’s work with what we have and continue to discuss (with Ford) how to make it better, without the negativity. Otherwise, just consider buying an Italian Fiat Jeep...
~Danno
Bronco Nation# 212
First Edition, 2-Dr, Lightning Blue, Blk Seats, Tow Package (Res: 7/13)
Nashville Early Bronco, jmalinov
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2020

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 18, 2020

The only people I've run into that don't like the Bronco are chivy guys, some jeep guys, a soccer mom with a honda pilot that is clueless and her 18 yo daughter that didn't know chrysler built the Wrangler HAHAHAHAHA

When I'm spending 40k on a vehicle I'm going to drive until I can't drive anymore (hopefully 25 years) I'm going to be very particular. If I was like a lot of people who only keep a vehicle for a year or two I wouldn't care about anything.
LoneRanger, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Nov 18, 2020

Still driving my 2002 F-350 PS. Bought that to be "the last pickup I ever buy".

I'm planning on doing the same with this here Bronco. I've got between 20 and 30 years of driving left in me. Planning on owning both of these when they pull the DL from my shaking, weak, arthritic hands.
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
SlashRacer, tlowell01

Rank VI

Nov 18, 2020

Not really sure where I should post this thread (will likely post in B6G too), but.... As much as I might be upset with my Ford Bronco First Edition options… (or any other model), the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn! I imagine there are going to be issues, whether it’s color packages, trim levels, options, etc… Ford will get it right down the road, as long as the Bronco line continues and we keep talking. This model/style ended in 1977! How many of you were… (I’m old). I don’t think Ford will get this 100% to everyone’s satisfaction the first time out, but it’s back! The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right! Ordering starts next month! Let’s work with what we have and continue to discuss (with Ford) how to make it better, without the negativity. Otherwise, just consider buying an Italian Fiat Jeep...
I really appreciate your post. I agree, the Bronco is back and we waiting to experience it. You and me are alike, we can't wait to get ours and start to have fun. As a large manufacturer it's hard to get everything perfect and generally someone will not be happy. Thanks for your post.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
SlashRacer, tlowell01

Gladesmen

Nov 18, 2020

I was 5 when the last Gen 1 Bronco was built. I owned a 1984 XLT and really miss it I sold it to a friend back in 2000 and they still have it. I try to buy it back every time I see him. But I am glad the new Bronco will be here soon. I think I have waited long enough. And to think about A year ago I was looking at Jeeps because I didn’t think the Bronco was ever coming back I gave up after the 2004 Bronco concept and nothing happened. But 1 month before the launch I thought I would just google the new Bronco. Perfect timing, I have been all in ever since.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
SlashRacer, tlowell01

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 19, 2020

I was 5 when the last Gen 1 Bronco was built. I owned a 1984 XLT and really miss it I sold it to a friend back in 2000 and they still have it. I try to buy it back every time I see him. But I am glad the new Bronco will be here soon. I think I have waited long enough. And to think about A year ago I was looking at Jeeps because I didn’t think the Bronco was ever coming back I gave up after the 2004 Bronco concept and nothing happened. But 1 month before the launch I thought I would just google the new Bronco. Perfect timing, I have been all in ever since.
I did the same thing, I like Jeeps (CJs) just couldn't like the Wrangler enough to buy it knowing Ford had the Bronco in the works.Back in the early 80s I had the chance to buy a 77 Bronco with 302 for $4000, dark green they wouldn't come down at all on price so didn't buy it and been kicking my self ever since.
bdawson24, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

Well said my friend, I couldn't agree more. Nothing against Jeep but I love Bronco, always have. I am ok with others not liking certain aspects and having concerns, however keep in mind this is the first year of a vehicle that has been out of production for nearly 3 decades! With that said, I think Ford did a pretty damn nice job on the new Bronc. Nothing will ever be perfect and there will be issues, but I have not been this excited about a vehicle in a long time. I can't wait!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
SlashRacer, tlowell01

Rank V

Nov 19, 2020

Definitely going to be relative to the buyer. As a die hard early bronco owner (66', 66', 71'), the most expensive First Edition isn't even a close replacement for even the base model 66' bronco at our house. I definitely don't consider the Bronco reborn, just a released newer model, just like the other Gen 2-5. Yep I'm buying a 2 door Badlands with Squatch, but it's no replacement for an existing bronco (it's replacing my wife's 2018 Toyota Highlander lol), it's just a new Ford vehicle with the Bronco badge :)
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
AcesandEights, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Nov 19, 2020

Definitely going to be relative to the buyer. As a die hard early bronco owner (66', 66', 71'), the most expensive First Edition isn't even a close replacement for even the base model 66' bronco at our house. I definitely don't consider the Bronco reborn, just a released newer model, just like the other Gen 2-5. Yep I'm buying a 2 door Badlands with Squatch, but it's no replacement for an existing bronco (it's replacing my wife's 2018 Toyota Highlander lol), it's just a new Ford vehicle with the Bronco badge :)
Is that for nostalgia reasons or its capabilities?
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
okie4570

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

May or may not be a bit biased here but when I look at things like Sasquatch Package being available on the Base, the Stabilizer Bar disconnect, and what G.O.A.T. modes are going to make possible for novice off-roaders, I have trouble not being excited. In a year like this one, it's just really sweet to see an American company put together a vehicle that's this freakin cool. It's okay to be excited, it's always easier to be critical but it's more fun to be hyped. ;)
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
jmalinov, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 19, 2020

Is that for nostalgia reasons or its capabilities?

Both, nostalgia mostly though. Not sure a 66' even with factory limited slip front and back could crawl with a First Edition locked front and back and keep up. Worth a test though lol!
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

Well said. I think there are quibbles around the edges of things Ford missed with the Bronco, but all things considered, I think Ford hit a Home Run with the Bronco! No mass market product will be 100% spot on for everybody, but Ford did a hell of a job getting pretty darn close. We will probably never know if some of the missing and/or late options are due to COVID supply chain problems or related to streamlined manufacturing to pump out as many units as possible, but whatever the case, Ford has given us something amazing.

And there’s no way Ford could have planned it ahead of time, but their timing in mid-2020 has been amazing. Something positive to take our minds off the sh*t of 2020!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Deano Bronc, D190065

Rank IV

Nov 19, 2020

Totally agree, the dream machine is back. Ford engineers did a fantastic job bringing back the Classic Bronco. Exterior color selections are awesome IMO. The biggest compliments I've seen are on interior colors. But at the end of the day each model has it's own unique interior. I have a FE on reserve not a big fan of Navy Pier, probably switch to Wildtrak as I like Sandstone, problem solved. Bottom line if you don't like those two options switch to a Badlands, it has Black interior. I can literally build all three models with almost the same options. I think Ford did a fantastic job in that respect. With seven different models, eleven different colors and ten different interiors we should all be able to build our own personal dream machine. Also seeing alot of folks hung up on accessories. Ford is probably doing the best they can in the middle of a pandemic. Rest assured, within a year we'll have more accessories than we know what to do with. Between Ford and the aftermarket, parts and accessories it will be like personalizing a Wrangler. Let's all sit back and enjoy the ride. Personally I've never been more excited on a vehicle purchase than I am with the new Bronco.
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Nov 19, 2020

Agree on relative to the buyer. At our house you put a new FE Bronco and a 66 Base Bronco side by side, the FE wins everytime. For myself and my two sons, it's all about offroad performance. We hit the trails hard, just not sure that 66 will make it back in one piece. We already have a spot reserved in the bat cave for our new Bronco badged Ford, Lol.
20200807_192422.jpg
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 19, 2020

Agree on relative to the buyer. At our house you put a new FE Bronco and a 66 Base Bronco side by side, the FE wins everytime. For myself and my two sons, it's all about offroad performance. We hit the trails hard, just not sure that 66 will make it back in one piece. We already have a spot reserved in the bat cave for our new Bronco badged Ford, Lol.
View attachment 5683

Ok then, you have to do a promo video of your First Edition doing the same as they did in the 1965 bronco promo lol. I'm not easy on my Broncos either. No base model 66' or 21' will make it up this in the pic. I'm going to give it a shot though!!Screenshot_2016-09-25-00-19-40.png
vintage, D190065

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 19, 2020

I have always had a love for the Bronco since I was a kid. When it was announced it was coming back I had the same thoughts as most. There is no way they would get it right. Another rehashed nameplate with nothing to back it up.

My first 4x4 vehicle was a 2005 Jeep Liberty. Having two kids necessitated four doors. Had much fun in it. Took it on the beach and trails. Did everything a Wrangler could do outside of rock crawling and flexing. In 2017 I bought a Wrangler. I had to stop riding m/c's, but still wanted something fun and open air. It was, for lack of a better term, unfullfilling. Traded or a year later for a 4x4 F-150. When I got guardianship of my granddaughter I needed something more family friendly so I bought a 2019 Grand Cherokee last year. Only reason it was the most off road worthy vehicle that was still family friendly.

Now that the Bronco is back and it exceedes anything I could possibly imagine, I can't wait to get one. My desire is to have the Bronco for long time to come. If it lasts for 12 years, which I would hope it would, I will pass it down to my granddaughter as her first vehicle. How awesome would it be to pull up to school in a well maintained 12 yo Bronco that you grew up with??
okie4570, D190065

Rank IV

Nov 19, 2020

Ok then, you have to do a promo video of your First Edition doing the same as they did in the 1965 bronco promo lol. I'm not easy on my Broncos either. No base model 66' or 21' will make it up this in the pic. I'm going to give it a shot though!!View attachment 5684
I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'll even keep my FE bone stock from the factory, just so there's no unfair advantage. Winner gets the other vehicles Badge. Lol
Jakob1972, D190065