Hardtop smooth or textured

Rydfree
Sep 23, 2020

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 23, 2020

I've searched but haven't run across anything , but has there been any indication of the overall finish of the standard top that comes with the 2dr ? My '90 full-size bronco had the white pebble grain texture to it but the assembly line pics look like the grey top is a lot smoother . If it's readily paintable then the basic top would do fine for me but if it is textured then I may opt for the painted black one .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Hobgoblin
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020

Rank VI

Sep 24, 2020

I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to this yet. Ford is trickling out information on a pretty regular basis so who knows how long you'll have to wait to get an answer.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Rydfree

Rank II

Sep 24, 2020

On lots of the prototypes it’s been pebble grain. But I don’t believe those are production tops we’re seeing yet
Deano Bronc, Rydfree

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 24, 2020

On lots of the prototypes it’s been pebble grain. But I don’t believe those are production tops we’re seeing yet

Hmmm , hopefully I'll get a better idea at the East coast Bronco event . Add tops to things I'd like to see there I guess .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
BroncoBoy22

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 24, 2020

Can't remember where I read it but the plant that is going to be manufacturing the tops isn't complete yet. So I guess we really don't know what the real tops will be like. If I was a betting man I'd say some sort of texture.
Rydfree, BroncoBoy22

Rank V

Sep 26, 2020

There appears to be texture on the pre-production MIC tops. Theoretically the production versions will be the same.
BroncoBoy22