Growing the brand

NHWolverine_12
Aug 28, 2020

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

So I had this idea and it is more or less just for fun. I know Ford has released Bronco as a sub brand of Ford. They are talking about a truck eventually and a few different off road worthy vehicles. So I was thinking about it and when they get ready to do this I personally think they should take the Ranger and Explorer from the Ford Brand and make them part of Bronco. Not in how they are now, but when they redesign and completely redesign and make them Bronco worthy. Reason being in keeping with heritage and in the first generation both Ranger and Explorer were different sub-packages you could get on the Bronco. So make the bronco truck the Ranger and the "BIG" Bronco the Explorer. What do you all think? I think it would be really cool to keep with the heritage of the vehicle.
DRWright, Pyckse
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

I think Ford is too sensitive about the Ford Brand name to really hit the sub-brand game too hard and move customer loyalty and passion from the parent brand. My guess is that if the Bronco is as big of a success as we all hope it is, you could see Ford leverage that success to drum up interest in a new vehicle similar to what they are doing with the Mustang name on the Mach-E. I really don't think Ford has much interest in becoming essentially a holding company for a series of sub brands.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
SierraHotelBronco

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

I think Ford is too sensitive about the Ford Brand name to really hit the sub-brand game too hard and move customer loyalty and passion from the parent brand. My guess is that if the Bronco is as big of a success as we all hope it is, you could see Ford leverage that success to drum up interest in a new vehicle similar to what they are doing with the Mustang name on the Mach-E. I really don't think Ford has much interest in becoming essentially a holding company for a series of sub brands.
I agree. Ford already has Lincoln and discontinued Mercury. I don't think they want to do the GM model and even GM doesn't want to go back to the old GM model of so many brands.
I wasn't there...

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

I agree. Ford already has Lincoln and discontinued Mercury. I don't think they want to do the GM model and even GM doesn't want to go back to the old GM model of so many brands.
Does anybody even remember that Chrysler used to make cars under its own name? Who knows, maybe they still do, but Dodge and Jeep are the money makers.
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

Does anybody even remember that Chrysler used to make cars under its own name? Who knows, maybe they still do, but Dodge and Jeep are the money makers.
Not to mention the money it costs to support so many brands and dealers. It also adds confusion in the marketplace and increases marketing spend.
I wasn't there...

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

But hey, I hope Ford Marketing has this discussion internally because that would mean that the Bronco is a runaway success!
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

I can them coming up with a larger Bronco for a family-mobile IF Jeep does the Wagoneer (they announced it, but it turns out that it is just a concept) vehicle and a market still exists for larger SUVs. This would also be a good electrical vehicle application. Since Broncos are being focused on outdoors, it would have to have the capability to take a family camping.

https://www.motor1.com/news/441354/2022-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept/
I wasn't there...

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

So I had this idea and it is more or less just for fun. I know Ford has released Bronco as a sub brand of Ford. They are talking about a truck eventually and a few different off road worthy vehicles. So I was thinking about it and when they get ready to do this I personally think they should take the Ranger and Explorer from the Ford Brand and make them part of Bronco. Not in how they are now, but when they redesign and completely redesign and make them Bronco worthy. Reason being in keeping with heritage and in the first generation both Ranger and Explorer were different sub-packages you could get on the Bronco. So make the bronco truck the Ranger and the "BIG" Bronco the Explorer. What do you all think? I think it would be really cool to keep with the heritage of the vehicle.
I love my 2018 Explorer but sadly it is not as off road capable as I would like. I think Ford is doing the right thing bringing the Bronco back as it gets them back into the offroad market. Now as far as bringing the other nameplates to the offroad sector I probably like to kindly disagree as the average user is never going to take their vehicle off road. Thats what makes the Bronco so special is it separates its self from the road SUV's that are common place in today's market and places it firmly on the dirt. I'd prefer to see the Bronco sub brand make new market players than transform current market nameplates that already have their customers that have no desire to go anywhere but a mall parking lot.

Just my 2 cents.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
SierraHotelBronco