100% Synthetic Oil?

timinbovey
Apr 16, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 16, 2021

I'm hoping someone from Ford picks up on this and answers the question down the road. I've run 100% synthetic oil in everything since 1979. I noticed the Bronco Sport comes factory filled with Ford's synthetic blend oil. I also noted that in the owners manual they recommend Motorcraft synthetic blend oil, but do not recommend the 100% synthetic.
My Mustang on the other hand (and it's only a V6 not a high performance model) does list 100% as a recommended oil. My wife's Escape (2018) also does not mention 100% synthetic. So, I'm wondering if there's some reason why Ford is not recommending 100% synthetic oil in the Ecoboost engines? Or if they just felt like recommending only one
product. I would think with the turbo the benefits of a 100% synthetic oil would be even more beneficial. Now, the manual also does not recommend AGAINST 100% synthetic, and I'm likely fine with anything that meets the viscosity and other specs mentioned in the book. But I was just curious if there might be more to it? Where I live -30 to -35 below
are not uncommon temps in the winter and I like the lowest flow temp I can get.
SlashRacer, Bronclahoma
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2021

So I have switched my old bronco over to 100% synthetic and it works fine, almost better than it did before it used synthetic. However, my newer sedan and f-150 were all sold using non-synthetic oil but were later "converted" to synthetic by either myself or the dealership. I cant imagine it would cause any issues considering, but I'm sure as more bronco sports come available and such that they'll have to chose one way or the other. OR other people will convert it over and find out for themselves.