$10,000 upcharge after waiting 8 months for a production date??

Truxpin68
Feb 12, 2022

Rank 0

Feb 12, 2022

A394A2DB-063C-4C3C-9F88-D341C2823A7C.png
Micahman, Pawel Kaliszan
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2022

Rank IV

Feb 12, 2022

Search the forums. People have been talking about how to address sh*tty dealers doing this to people.
BRONCO Off-Roadeo: Moab Dec. 2021
2 Door-Badlands-Sasquatch-Lux... Everything!
Res: July 2020 - Order: March 2021- Build: March 2023
JoergH

Rank 0

Feb 12, 2022

Just started doing that, thanks
FitKat

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

LMAO They are doing you a "solid" by only charging you $10K over for having patience. Schmucks. I'm guessing you didn't get anything in writing in advance. At this point not much you can do other than place a new order at an ethical dealer and wait it out again.

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2022

Yep, makes sense for them to send that after the build is scheduled. Now they now it'll hit their lot whether you agree to pay the $10k mark up or not. You can't change it, you can't cancel it, and you don't have a contracted price. They're good...
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2022

Wow, that's nuts. Maybe tell your dealer I got mine back in November for 3% below invoice, how about they market adjust to that?

Or just go post over on B6G and release the hounds!

This certainly sucks.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
IceSoldier88

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2022

Thinking about this another way, maybe CPI is up 10% and they need to pay for milk, bread and eggs for their families. Maybe this is your way of helping them keep the lights on?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Sdakotabronco, ResidualGenius

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Yep, makes sense for them to send that after the build is scheduled. Now they now it'll hit their lot whether you agree to pay the $10k mark up or not. You can't change it, you can't cancel it, and you don't have a contracted price. They're good...

And this is how dealers are getting dealer "stock". LOL
EvlNvrDys, AcesandEights

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

That dealer is full of shit. I paid $11K over for one sitting on the lot exactly how I wanted it and that was here in screw you over NY, so they aren't doing you any favors.
21 Base BadLands 7MT

Rank III

Feb 12, 2022

When we see bs like this and the member can prove the mark up we should band together and lite the dealership up with negative reviews. So f’n sick they think they’re doing you a favor. I didn’t get anything in writing. Just a verbal agreement. If it’s $1 over msrp I’m out and will nvr deal with the dealership again.
Mr. Ed, Culinarydiane

Rank 0

Feb 12, 2022

LMAO They are doing you a "solid" by only charging you $10K over for having patience. Schmucks. I'm guessing you didn't get anything in writing in advance. At this point not much you can do other than place a new order at an ethical dealer and wait it out again.
Actually the GM of the dealership hand wrote my order and final price and submitted it. Might have a case

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Actually the GM of the dealership hand wrote my order and final price and submitted it. Might have a case

Honestly you are going to have to jump through hoops to get any help. People have been going to Mike Levine with these issues. But I think it's to the point now that these instances are so frequent he isn't jumping in much. As far as Ford's stance on this?? If you don't like the price, find another dealer.

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Feb 12, 2022

Honestly you are going to have to jump through hoops to get any help. People have been going to Mike Levine with these issues. But I think it's to the point now that these instances are so frequent he isn't jumping in much. As far as Ford's stance on this?? If you don't like the price, find another dealer.
That stance would be great if Ford LET you move to another dealer. As I hear it lately, it's nearly impossible to change dealerships once your order is placed.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Rank 0

Feb 12, 2022

Yeah that’s the real answer, but I think I’ll spend the 10k on a billboard up the street and spend the same money but feel good about it
Culinarydiane

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

That stance would be great if Ford LET you move to another dealer. As I hear it lately, it's nearly impossible to change dealerships once your order is placed.

Which is why people are just placing new orders and waiting it out.

Rank III

Feb 12, 2022

F—king crooks. Ford is not charging them anymore for delayed orders. Time to visit those greedy assholes with a tire iron and a bit of lube. On second thought forget the lube.
PSUTE

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

I’d fuck that dealer up. Go to B6G forum They seem to get results.
2022 Badlands / 4dr / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Soft Top / Velocity Blue / Lux / HD Bumper / Engine Block Heater / Keypad
Mr. Ed

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2022

Remind them it’s interstate fraud. And you will call the attorneys general of your state. If they don’t back off do it . If you really want them the boys over at 6g will be more than happy to eat these asshats alive.

Gladesmen

Feb 12, 2022

Also remind them that people are listing these Broncos for 20-40k over MSRP doesn’t mean they are selling them for that. If that is the case I’m going to list my house for $1,000,000 it doesn’t mean it is worth a million.
Also if you put any money down I think you have an argument. Also if you can’t get it then ask for your deposit plus interest since they are going to make $40k off your order then cut them a deal and charge them $15k for holding your money for a year.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Gladesmen

Feb 12, 2022

Also remind them they are not Barrett Jackson or Mecum.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery